United Allergy Services

United Allergy Services Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

United Allergy Services CEO Nicolas Hollis

Nicolas Hollis

Pros
  • The benefits are great, and there are opportunities to advance within the company, especially if you are open to travel (in 7 reviews)

• The company is growing there is no question about that (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Because the company is growing so fast, everyone has to wear a lot of hats (in 7 reviews)

• Corporate employees or c level promote themselves (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company - Everyday is different

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsUnited Allergy Services is growing quickly. I work in the corporate office and everyday is different. I have learned so much working here that I would not have had the opportunity to learn anywhere else. The people are great. It is very social and friendly. If you are a self-starter who can solve problems, and if you want to be stretched, it is a great place to work.

ConsIt is not a good place to work if you are expecting things to stay the same. Keeping corporate and the field on the same page can be challenging because of the pace of change. That is improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in developing your employees. Communication is improving but still could be better.

Very Boring!

Certifed Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood pay, they are very flexible and often promote from within, so there are always advancement opportunities. Great benefit program. Upper management has a great open door policy that they really adhere to, not too many CEOs will accept and respond to an email from any employee.

ConsVery boring, not enough work to fill the day. On average there is 2 hours of work for every 8 hour day. Too many policy changes, it feels like as soon as I feel comfortable with a procedure, it changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a policy that works and stick with it, just because it's a slightly better idea doesn't always mean it's a good idea for hundreds of people to have to change a procedure. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Corporate jumping ship

Account Executive (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIt could be a boos sign that corporate employees are jumping ship. New blood better place??? Maybe maybe not!

ConsCorporate employees or c level promote themselves. Move on. Ship is sinking fast! HR will shut down your clinic without notifying you that you no longer have a job. YET they want you to sign a mutual separation agreement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication to the field why corporate employees are leaving and not being replaced would be nice. Address the company financial problems with field. Notify employees that you are shutting down clinics in advance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get real people....this is a GOOD job!

Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsI have been a CAS for over a year and really am happy at UAS! I have had other "real jobs" and this company really cares about the employees. I think UAS hires a lot of recent college grads and they don't understand that in the real world you are accountable for your performance. I even know team members that left and wish they hadn't after starting a new job. Trust me, the grass isn't always greener folks! The best part of the job is working directly with patients and improving their lives. The pay and extra incentives are good, and the benefits are exceptional. The company even has an insurance plan that is no cost. There are a fair amount of promotional opportunities in various areas of the business, but the positions are competitive and usually a lot of employees apply. You can usually move up faster if you are willing to relocate.

ConsYou don't get a lot of face to face interaction with other UAS employees, most everything is done by phone. I do however have a great relationship with the employees in my clinic. There are a lot of changes rolled out, but I feel like they are necessary to improve the service we provide.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to listen to the CASs as they are the blood of the organization.

Sales position with no future

CAS (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are great.
    Hours are usually 8-5 (but don't go over because you'll be written up!)
    Patient interaction can be awesome! You really get to know people and feel like you're helping them.

ConsPay. If you're right out of college maybe the pay seems decent but if you live in any type of real world situation where you have bills or a family.. It's garbage.
    Sales. They will tell you a million times this isn't a sales job.. It is. You have monthly quotas and there will be many times you are asked to sign someone up for treatment when you really don't think they need it. You are also lead to believe you're running your own clinic.. You are not. You will be incessantly micromanaged.
    Management. Good luck having the same manager for longer than a few months. They get hired (from outside the company) and promoted very quickly. Speaking of...
    Promotions. Don't hold your breath. Your manager must approve for you to apply.. And chances are you don't know them very well. The only promotions available from a CAS role involve extensive nation wide travel. Plus any raises are minimal.. And given out only once a year max.

Also be aware these positive reviews are done by corporate to repair their image. This job really is a black hole. Please look elsewhere and consider it a last resort!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. And stop treating CASs like children.. Most of us have a better education behind them than you do.

Great Job for Hard Workers & Want to Succeed

Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsI love that as a Clinical Allergy Specialist, you basically own and operate your own clinic. Your success is based on how much work you put into it. So at the end of the day it's like running your own business but at the same time you have this amazing support system. As long as you are always trying to improve your clinic and it shows, your Area Manager doesn't really interfere unless you ask him/her to. If you need ideas on how to make things better they are always willing to help.

Not having much of a medical background, I rely on my peers and clinical support. They are always a call or click away and are willing to help. Over the past couple of months the company has also taken an initiative on continuing education after the initial week of training in TX.

A lot of room for growth with this growing company. I've personally spoken to my AM and discussed how I would like be in management within 2 yrs... he said within a yr I could be there if I continue to work hard.

Great Benefits!
    -60 days and you get health benefits! There is an option so that the employee doesn't have to pay a monthly premium. UAS will pay for your coverage! AMAZING! Or you can choose to pay for a lower deductible and coinsurance. But the free insurance is great for those that don't go to the Drs that often.
    -90 days and you automatically get 80 hours paid time off. Most employers require you to work for them for a yr before you get PTO!

ConsNot really a con but.... if you aren't the type to take ownership and the want to succeed... this company isn't really for you! You can easily choose to be a slacker and not do much work while your at your office if you have no patients scheduled without anyone knowing. After all, your manager maybe stops by your office once a month since they have so many clinics spread out in each area. So if your the type that needs to be supervised and told what to do it won't really work for you. You need to have initiative and the drive to grown your clinic.

I guess the main con can be when you don't have much provider support. It makes those 40 hrs seem a lot longer when you don't have much work to do because they're not referring patients. Even if you work hard for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStarting pay is great. Probably the only thing I would like to see changed as far as pay is a reflection of ones hard work. Yes it is great to hear that you are one of the top CAS in your area... but it would also be nice to see that on a paycheck. Especially when you've worked with other CASs and some aren't exactly putting that much effort into their jobs but are possibly getting paid as much if not more then you just because they've been working for UAS longer.

Get your experience and then hit the road running in the opposite direction

Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) Tyler, TX

ProsThe pay is great for someone who is right out of college and looking for their first gig. Not a company that most will stay at for the long term road.

ConsHorrible management, cheap, no real training program. You will train for a week and after that you will be thrown out to the sharks to fend for yourself. WEEKLY changes. Major weekly changes. Some times multiple per week.This is a very grimy company every time they come up with a way to "reward" their employees they always find a way to take it away. Trips that they go on is basically for the corporate employees because they set the bar at highly unattainable expectations. If you're looking for a job to get your experience and leave then this is the company for you. They lie and say it's so easy for you to move up in the company when it is actually not. Do not be fooled by the "oh this is the best job I've ever had" reviews. Oh and if your office is slow you can rest assure you are the last person they will care about. You can go out of your way for this company as a floater being on the road for MONTHS at a time and won't get a single i appreciate all the service you have given this company. Cheap cheap cheap and grimy. Company they make MILLIONS a year off of you and give you pennies on the dollar for your salary and these so called reward incntives and annual gifts.

sales Manager

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsLoved the start up feel the company had. Teamwork was the norm. Liked knowing that the service we were providing were helping customers live better lives

ConsActual service we ended up providing was not all that we promised to customers. Little thought was given to the doctors practice once we were in the office and doing business. If patient flow slowed down we pulled out and left the doctors and customers hanging. Left due to ethical reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace customer health above profit.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Hello Job Seekers

CAS (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are good. Pay is pretty decent. I like my clinic and my coworkers I communicate with via phone and email. Able to work independently.

ConsThis job is all about signing patients up for treatment. It is a sales job. Most management do not care if your grandma died or if you just got in a car wreck. They want their quotas made by any means necessary. No one has your back or will look out for you and if you do make your numbers you will simple get a small bonus and a virtual pat on the back.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your CAT/CASs no matter if they make the numbers or not. That's what we want is genuine appreciation for what we are put through everyday. Try not to make it so obvious in emails that all you care about is test number and treatment.

Fast growing company with a lot of room to move up.

Team Lead (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are competitive and the company fosters a team atmosphere. Work is very autonomous, with very little micromanagement (with the Account Managers I have worked under, at least). The company provides a lot of opportunities for further training and really focuses resources on top performers to prepare them for more advanced roles within the company. The fast growth means that there are a lot of opportunities to move up, if you are flexible and willing to relocate to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the company and would gladly recommend it to anyone wanting to get into healthcare. The company doesn't push "sales" as much as in the past. The idea is more aligned with informing the patients about the benefits of immunotherapy and letting the treatment sell itself. That being said, sales skills do come in handy. There are metrics to be met, but you will find this at any level of healthcare with a private, for-profit company.

ConsAs with any high-growth company, there are growing pains. I feel that the leadership has improved drastically since I started in 2011; however, communication can still be an issue at times. While the corporate goals are clearly addressed, minor changes to protocols that are taught to newly hired personnel during training are not effectively or efficiently put out to the rest of the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to improve communication, especially in the clinical operations realm. I would like to see more emphasis on recognition programs for top performers in the field, outside of the CEO Peak Performance trips. Something akin to a quarterly performance program (i.e. CAS of the Quarter by manager, by region, then having a company-wide winner) similar to what is in place in the US Air Force. A yearly award selected from the quarterly winners would be a good idea, too.

Worked for United Allergy Services? Contribute to the Community!