United American Insurance

United American Insurance Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Vern D. Herbel

Exciting opportunity.

ProsLike family; big company, small company feel.

ConsGrown way too fast and therefor is a little behind in progressive thinking

Good pay, underhanded managers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) McKinney, TX

ProsLoved my coworkers, my schedule was flexible and I was paid fairly well.

ConsNo personal growth or opportunity to learn more. Very conservative and adverse to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe marketing managers were sometimes unethical and there was little communication. They did not help you, train you or care about your personal career goals and I did not see a future working with them.

Conservative and dependable employer that avoids gimmicks.

ProsStability. I don't think anyone has ever been laid off here. Also one of the few companies that pays a pension to rank and file employees.

ConsTakes pride in making do with less; this means equipment is often obsolete or worn and pay is low in some company sectors. Telecom side burns through and discards human resources.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Objective review from 2 year employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McKinney, TX

ProsWonderful co-workers. Excellent community involvement. Overall good starter job or transition job. Location is great with food close by. Decent benefits as well.

ConsDO NOT accept a job in the marketing department. IT department is good but marketing also has an IT group and you should run, not walk, from any opportunity in marketing or marketing IT. Very old technology. You will not be working with anything or anyone cutting edge. You will be an island with much of the responsibility but no authority. Very low compensation in marketing compared to market rates. Make no mistake, you are not hired for your opinions or input, you are hired only for your ability to perform when and how you are told. Very limited training provided. Cubicle environment. I have literally been publicly berated for being 5 minutes late to a weekly meeting because I was addressing a critical issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I think the company is so successful financially (being an insurance company) they can fail on an enormous number of levels and still survive. You should actually invest in your employees rather than try to deplete their knowledge and patience only to replace them and retrain a new person.

agent

Agent (Former Employee) Concord, CA

Prosthey have a good insurance product

Consthey need to have a better lead system more up to date

Advice to Senior Managementget a better lead system

Always on time!

Agent (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThey pay their commissions on time and for the life of the policy!
    They produce the best visual aids of any medicare supplement company.

ConsIt was difficult getting appointed with UA.

United American Seminar

Investment Advisor (Current Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsGreat seminar and events and nice people

ConsI don't see any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementAgent

Solid Company

Agent (Current Employee) Euless, TX

ProsFast Claims Service, Reasonable premiums

ConsNo online enrollment yet. Supposed to happen soon.

I was able to learn a lot.

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsThe training was excellent and thorough.

ConsCold calling and only commissions.

Great employer for a long-term career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McKinney, TX

ProsI'm very happy with the working environment- professional, but friendly and casual at the same time. Everyone I've interacted with in other departments (as well as mine!) is cooperative and helpful. The benefits offered are outstanding, there are fun perks, and I intend to stay with this employer long term.

ConsI only wish I had found this employer sooner- there are a lot of advantages to a home office position with them and I much prefer it to my prior work experiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the open door policy- I appreciate being able to pass questions, concerns, and comments up the line and have them acknowledged and followed through on.

Worked for United American Insurance? Contribute to the Community!