United Auto Credit Corp

Updated December 15, 2014
3.5

United Auto Credit Corp President Jim Vagim
Jim Vagim

This is the Greatest company I have ever worked for simply because of the people that work here!!

Current Employee - Collections II in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Collections II in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at United Auto Credit Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

promote from within, awesome salary, oversized bonuses, awesome culture, industry leader, family oriented, great chemistry

Cons

high demand for excellence,small amount of normal office drama

Understand who individual leaders are from within and allow them to train and develop the current employees to raise the current metrics and increase efficiency. Peer development is increasing and can help bring out the best in all of us. also create more opportunities for team building and allow your employee family to bond and create trust and understanding of the same internal goals while having a good time. maybe create a new position such as an "old time Jesture" for them to make the employees laugh which will allow the employees to feel comfortable and have trust to say good and bad things to get their view across no matter what is going on. HR can sometimes scare them away from saying the truth. Besides surveys like this, this would be a great way to get true feelings to be heard from ALL VALUED EMPLOYEES.

UAC is an extraordinary company.

I have been working at United Auto Credit Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Upper level management treats you with respect. They value each employee's perspective and suggestions. The office culture has been progressing at a positive rate. I enjoy coming to work each and every day. There are advancement opportunities, which are clearly communicated to each employee. The work-life balance is great (we even get a day off for our birthday). Overall, it is a great company to work for.

Cons

None worth mentioning at the moment.

Challenging, fun environment with smart colleagues

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at United Auto Credit Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As an employee I can say I feel nothing but lucky to be a new part of this team. Everything from upper management to the company culture and perks are nothing short of fantastic. Opportunities galore as long as you are willing to work hard.

Cons

Hours can be demanding, but the hard work pays off.

Demonstrates, Displays and Delivers!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

I have been working at United Auto Credit Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Every day is new and exciting at UACC. I am allowed enough autonomy to do my job the way I work best, yet enough direction that I won't fail! The culture is work hard, play hard with good pay and incentives.
    Company picnics, Christmas parties and monthly birthday celebrations...Cash incentives weekly ..
    401K is a company match to 6% and Medical is paid for non-smokers...

Cons

The coffee is pretty strong.

Keep up the Drive! I love that the California management is often seen in the Hurst, TX Servicing Center!

Good growing company

I have been working at United Auto Credit Corp

Pros

Good place to get feet wet

Cons

Becomes a grind with buyer to get deals. Funding is the worst in industry

Talk and listen. You are pretty much alone while working here

Stay away if you don't want to be a work horse

Current Employee - Collector in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Collector in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at United Auto Credit Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great facility, nice coworkers, we are allowed to listen to the radio, good bonus and pay

Cons

Healthcare and threatening abusive management. They dont care how they treat you, if you dont have a good day of collecting you will pay for it the next day, they talk down to you and harrass you while your trying to work. They literally threaten you while your working. Worst experience ive ever had.

Change how you treat your employees, learn how to earn their respect. If your employees respect you they will work hard for you. Your leadership is lacking ethics and plain old common sense. Get a clue.

Need better management.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at United Auto Credit Corp

Pros

Paid for medical is great. The president and his execs made personal appearances and spoke to training class and were very nice.

Cons

Management is decieving. It's a godless work ethic and atmosphere. They gossip, belittle, embarrass, smile in your face and say your doing great while they plan to "dig up as many things" to terminate you. Favoritism is alive and well and whatever you do, do not go to management if you have issues with your supervisor. You're walking yourself right out the door. They will retaliate and "find things", petty things and let you go.

Training and talks from execs specifically teaches they don't tolerate gossip however, it starts at the top and rolls downhill and is covered up. Execs really need to do something about that. It's hurtful and mean and THAT should be a zero tolerance issue.

Don't work for this company!

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Collections Representative in Mesa, AZ

I worked at United Auto Credit Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is comparable to most positions in the area, Bonus, Free Coffee, They foot the bill for lunch once in a while. Training is fair.

Cons

Management is on a power trip, they do not see the employees as equals here and reflect this by speaking to their employees in a demeaning tone and their approach is threatening. I have never had an adult male yell at me to " STAND UP" !! At any job prior to this one. The general attitude of the employees that work here are heads down, mouth shut. Management talks about employees on the floor to each other where their coworkers can hear them. if you enjoy being Micromanaged, and don't need to ask questions about a customers concern or anything for that matter, and can handle a wrap time of 45 seconds because otherwise your waisting company's money, this is the job for you.

Seriously, your experiencing a high turnover and issues getting staff on board for a reason. Be honest about the company culture, if all your looking for is sheep, then say it at the interview.

Decent work environment

I have been working at United Auto Credit Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

friendly coworkers ad fun environment to work in.

Cons

lots of ill trained management and confusion between departments

Good at what they do, but not good with their people

I have been working at United Auto Credit Corp full-time

Pros

- Fun atmosphere (for better or worse)
    - They are always hiring
    - They seem to bring us food almost every week
    - (New) Monthly all-hands meetings. They still need to work out the kinks. If you want to improve communication, ask for our feedback before making decisions. Don't tell us that you care about what we think but only tell us about the decisions after you've made them.
    - Parking is plentiful
    - Area around office is nice
    - Executives are friendly
    - Training has been provided without any trouble

Cons

- They are adding 40 more cubes into an already noisy and crowded office.
    - In the words of an executive: "We have more money they we know what to do with" yet the compensation and benefits are lacking.
    - "One size fits all" office layout. UACC has embraced the 2002 idea of the open office environment. Our cube walls are very short. They think this helps communication. It makes us feel like they don't trust us. No privacy, no quiet, no focus, no productivity.
    - 401k will match a max of 3% but you won't see that matching until the end of the year. After vesting, it's almost like it's not there.
    - Medical Insurance is bad. Not sure what else to say about it.
    - Communication: I think there is a misunderstanding about this. We took a survey as a company. The results showed that communication was a concern. We meant communication from the executive level to the rest of us. I have no problem getting up and walking over to my neighbor.
    - Turnover is incredibly high. A lot of policies seem to be designed to curb turnover, but in reality they punish those of us looking for a good job.

- Please stop burning money by paying talented people to sit at desks where they can't concentrate and get work done.
    - Bring your people in on the planing. It will go a long way.
    - The all-hands meetings are nice. Continue to recognize those who are achieving. Recognizing birthdays and work anniversaries is nice, too.

United Auto Credit Corp Photos