United Auto Credit Corp

United Auto Credit Corp Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

United Auto Credit Corp President Jim Vagim

Jim Vagim

I work with a group of wonderful people and enjoy my job very much.

ProsWhat other company has the CEO working with his employee instead of locking himself inside an office all day long. He is very active with the employee atmosphere and has fun while working very hard. I have an awesome manager and co-workers. If I am having difficulties with something, I know I can count on my manager or co-workers to help me out.

ConsI can't honestly think of anything negative about my work place. If I was unhappy where I am, I wouldn't stay.

Great for Entry Level, not for Experienced individuals who are looking at the long term.

Newport Beach, CA

ProsGreat for entry level workers trying to gain experience.
    Good Benefits
    Corporate Events are nice, but are a distraction from what is greatly lacking.

ConsOffice culture has gone downhill. A lot of obnoxious behavior is being allowed that wasn't before.
    Management is lacking in leadership and communication.
    No transparent opportunities for growth - Its all done behind closed doors and usually given to 'favorites' not based on qualifications or merit.
    Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementLess emphasis on Corporate events and more focus on hiring effective leaders while promoting more internal growth.

AWESOME COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Senior Internal Area Manager (Current Employee)
    Newport Beach, CA

ProsI've had tremendous personal growth throughout the years, this company has a open door policy which allows you to be able to interact with all levels of personnel within the company. GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR!

ConsAGAIN, GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constantly improving and an excellent management team

Area Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIt's not often that you find a company with great compensation, schedule freedom, great management, training that is relevant, room for advancement and they listen to employees. So far, that has been my experience for over two years at United Auto Credit. The company is constantly working to improve the product and keep the employees happy. Another valuable aspect that often goes overlooked is consistency, most finance companies peak and valley quarterly and the product suffers; this company is consistent and that builds confidence in the product and makes my job a little easier.

ConsA perfect company doesn't exist. I gauge a company's future on it's ability to improve. For a nationwide company UACC is great at change but it's growing so fast and so large that if you can fall into the background.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome more trips to Vegas would be nice :)

Wonderful Company to work for

Area Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIncome potential, support from management and the ability to create and work my own schedule. Early in my career I have far than exceeded my goals and continue to recieve high praise from management.

ConsStress level..While there is a lot of flexibility with the job long hours and weekend work is necessary for long term success..

Absolutely wonderful people to work with, but the experience is completely ruined by sales management.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

Pros1) Very fair-competitive pay
    2) Never met a CEO (Jim Vagim) more dedicated to helping improve the workplace and listening to employee concerns
    3) Almost every single employee company-wide is friendly, welcoming, and helpful

Cons1) Promotion is rare and management rarely has a real plan for deserving, tenured employees
    2) Sales territory is chaotic, always subject to change without notice, and never fairly standardized. This notion is never even acknowledged by management.
    3) Sales management often resorts to condescending and threatening communications. Emails sent out regularly question employees work ethics, passively threaten employment status, and demean individuals in a group setting.
    4) Forced to work holidays, although not directly. It was made very clear to employees that not coming in to work, even for nationally recognized holidays, would be detrimental to your job. Cryptic communications from management do not ask if you can work, they assume and ask what time you plan to come in.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul everything about how you treat sales employees, starting with how managers communicate to their employees. Stop creating a workplace where employees are combatting each other for territory and numbers, to avoid the personally demeaning emails and talks.

Financially, the company is strong, but I would not want to be a part of it moving forward. The culture that drew me in and made me feel welcome has deteriorated to the point that I expect major problems and widespread discontentment for employees across the board.

Flag Review
    United Auto Credit Corp Recruiting Manager responded to this review Apr 17, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback we are making an effort to look into how we can improve things on the sales side of the world for our team members there now and long term as we ... More

Collections/Operations Supervisor of Start up Call Center

Collection Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Mesa, AZ

ProsLocation/base salary/Work week schedule. Stable Corp

ConsCompany direction/Long term vision lacking

A company with great people but lacks direction

Area Manager (Former Employee)

Pros1 Company Pays very well
    2 CEO Jim is a very good guy and good leader
    3 Good HR

Cons1 No room for real growth
    2 No defined sales territories
    3 Sales confusion

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease offer more opportunity and more defined sales methods

Pays well for good performance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun place to work at

ConsLeft in the dark despite an open door policy

Flag Review
    Thank you for the feedback we are making an effort to work on better communication with our team members across the organization.

Entry Level but no upward moment

Funding Support Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsGreat way to get office experience

ConsPay is low and after a year and a half I was still at 10 an hour.

Worked for United Auto Credit Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Auto Credit Corp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for United Auto Credit Corp CEO Jim Vagim. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by United Auto Credit Corp employees.