United-Bilt Homes Reviews

Updated May 18, 2014
Updated May 18, 2014

3.1

Don Pitts

Worked with Company for Twelve years, great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at United-Bilt Homes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work expeience was what you made it, if you enjoyed your work you would have a good time.Company gave you enough freedom to do it your way and only joined in when you needed help, plenty of management staff to help you if needed, including direct line to owner

Cons

lots of travel, spent great deal of time on road,price of house got to be to high for this area , payments were more than farm folks could handle

Thanks for the opportunity to work with you

Terrible company structure. No guides or company handbooks that clearly dictate company policy or job descriptions.

Former Employee - Corporate Associate
    Former Employee - Corporate Associate

I worked at United-Bilt Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Miserable associates. Always such a negative atmosphere. Always an underlying tone of "just do your job" and pressure. Never open to new ideas or strategies.

Cons

No flexibility, constant pressure, no real efforts made to educate sales associates on current laws. Upper management wasn't interested in hearing about any of the real company issues. Too much got swept under the rug.

Christian company? Yeah right.....

Former Employee - Housing Consultant  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Housing Consultant in Tulsa, OK

I worked at United-Bilt Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

hmmmmmm.......I guess if you like working for egotistical, always-right, what did you do for me today bosses that make you work until 9:00pm and then hold a conference call at 7:45am Saturday morning to tell you how you let them down this week.....it's Festivus every Sat morning!!

Cons

ubh sells a WAY overpriced product to people in the country who have credit issues and can't get a loan anywhere else so they are left with no option other that to pay ubh's outrageous prices at outrageous interest rates.....oh and they take all of your land even if they don't really need it for the appraisal

"no money down"???? I guess that's true if you don't consider the money needed for interior paint, flooring, septic, water meter, electric and about 50 other things that don't come with the home that everyone expects to get

try being nice to people

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Model - Unable to sustain marketing of company model.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Sales in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at United-Bilt Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is money to be made and fairly easy to do with the business model they have set in place. Aside from the 90% complete build. It's a dream job!

Cons

Insanely poor management in the NWA area. Meeting about meetings, turning away good business due to procedures (upsetting people is bad business and advertising). The current RSM is a "walking a**hole". The man literally has no professional ethics, lacks sense of selling principles and/or design aptitude.

FIRE Wayne Donnelly. The man is uncouth and will ruin the company's PR.
    Look how any people are successful that have quit and/or transferred away from the idiot.
    It's like he wants everyone to fail....Nobody in the entire region likes or agrees with him on any level except when put on the line to retain their job in hopes that he wont be there tomorrow. It's pathetic and limits growth. I have literally never been so upset about a job and I even shelved my own company to work at UBH.

There is no place I would rather work than United-Bilt Homes.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Bossier City, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bossier City, LA

I have been working at United-Bilt Homes

Pros

Management cares about employees and customers. Issues for myself or my customers are always settled according to "what's right."

Cons

There is a constant pressure to do "more". However, this pressure is a necessary evil within any good sales organization.

Update our "image" through our website and marketing. United-Bilt Homes is much more advanced than we project to the public.

United-Bilt Homes teaches bare minimum about construction but tons of ways to cut corners.

Former Employee - Construction Supervisor  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Construction Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at United-Bilt Homes

Pros

Lots of freedom in your schedule. No real micro-managing.

Cons

The bonus structure setup for the Superintendent's is great but the problem is that the company has other priorities when it comes to starting a job that overlaps into the criteria that your bonuses are set on. Projects get delivered (aka "begin") before the proper permits or site prep are done and you sit there twiddling your thumbs watching your time bonus tick away. They do this b/c they will tell you that "the only day the company records a profit are on days that we deliver jobs". So in order for the salesmen to profit, and the managers to profit, and the overall company to profit, your bonus will suffer. It seems so easy to rectify that situation in the name of fairness so that they can profit and bonuses not be affected. But each time that was brought up by a superintendent we were shot down with reasons that made absolutely no sense. Also the $50 christmas bonuses with the taxes taken out were a real help when it came time to buying gifts.

There's enough pie to go around. Quit promising people pieces and then figuring out ways to take most of them away. Think about the homeowners who watch their material sit and rot in storms (and even hurricanes) while nothing is being done on their house. Think about the construction superintendent's who count on their bonuses when you ship a house to a flooded area before permits are even applied for.

UBH = Great Employment

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Marketing in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at United-Bilt Homes

Pros

Economically stable environment where hard work is rewarded & recognized. Incentive based for sales employees. Executives work just as hard as everyone else; including owner whose work ethic is unmatched.

Cons

Open 6 days a week, Sales Management is expected to work everyday. It makes for long work weeks sometimes.

Overall, I have full faith in the companies direction. UBH needs to make sure it is keeping up with technology and new marketing trends to remain successful.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springdale, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

I have been working at United-Bilt Homes

Pros

Family-owned for over 50 years, the owner is the hardest working person in the company and a great role model for the rest of us. UBH truly cares about their their employees. Maybe that's why so many staffers have 20+ years with the company.

Cons

While the IT department is very forward-thinking and up with all the newest and coolest, most of our home plans seem dated and tired. Would love to see UBH be as cutting edge with their home designs.

I look forward to reading the weekly and monthly newsletters; they make me feel even more connected to the company.

Construction Manager

Former Employee - Construction Manager  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at United-Bilt Homes

Pros

Flexible, Middle Management was very helpful

Cons

Upper Management forced lumber down your throat...... Lots of paperwork

Stop sending loads of lumber 60-120 days prior to permits being pulled

Worked for United-Bilt Homes? Contribute to the Community!