United Capital Financial Advisers

1. Rapidly Growing Company

Former Employee - Manager of Operations in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager of Operations in Dallas, TX

I worked at United Capital Financial Advisers

Pros

United Capital is growing incredibly quickly and that provided me with a lot of opportunity to learn new things and grow within my position. Very tech heavy company that is on the leading edge which is cool thing to be a part of. Good work/life balance.

Cons

I hope the benefits catch up to all of the growth. They are also rolling out a lot of new stuff which makes it hard to catch your breath.

Advice to Management

Keep beefing up benefit plans as you get bigger.

2. Good opportunities. Great Culture. Poor Benefits. A lot of contention.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at United Capital Financial Advisers (More than a year)

Pros

United Capital brings a new idea to the Financial Industry. It is rapidly growing so there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. The CEO takes time to acknowledge employees when on site.

Cons

There is a lot of contention between groups. Even the operations support managers loves to gossip of everyone's faults. It seems that ego is more valuable than the outlook of the company. The benefits are mediocre at best. Not much cutting edge technology (other than google docs and drive).

Advice to Management

Embrace new ideas. Try new things. Take care of your employees. Promote positive people. Promote new ideas.

3. An employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at United Capital Financial Advisers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

United Capital is a fantastic company to work for. The atmosphere we offer is similar to that of a tech company. We're offering new opportunities in financial planning for our clients. I highly recommend the company to any one interested in an opportunity with unlimited growth!

Cons

I would say our biggest con is that the company is still young and changing. However, the change is positive and is important to compete in our industry.

Advice to Management

I would like to see an increase to the matching 401(k) %.

5. Unprofessional Corporate Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at United Capital Financial Advisers

Pros

General employee population is nice

Cons

Overall company structure is weak. Human resources is lacking in professionalism and can hardly be considered a resource. Poor health benefit options and low pay.

High Opportunity, Fast-growth Company that cares about clients and employees

Pros

I've worked here for 3 years. For employees who want to grow and are willing to step up to opportunities, this is a great place to be. Very dynamic environment with extremely talented people. A high focus on employees and the culture.

Cons

Benefits are ok, but not outstanding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fast-growth pace, it keeps you learning.

7. Definitely NOT Ready For Prime Time....

I have been working at United Capital Financial Advisers

Pros

Has potential, but lots of work to do first....

Cons

Very low 401(K) match - Relationship Managers are overworked and underpaid - Way too many steps and softwares involved in managing client's data, takes forever to prepare for one client meeting in one day, let alone multiple client meetings on same day - Many Managing Directors are arrogant and in heated competition with each other, seems to be in High School all over again - Reporting company they use, Envestnet, always messes up, same goes for HR department - Company very cheap, does not pay for anything, charges everything on employees, including corporate trips and computers - Investment options they provide to clients not always the best (R-Squared fiasco), biased pushing of inside funds with that are generally expensive and lack robust returns.

Advice to Management

You have got to simplify the client management process, too many softwares involved that need to be synced together, it is a nightmare. RM's are way overworked and the salary and benefits are laughable, no wonder everyone keeps leaving. Stop expecting employees to attend seminars and meetings while telling them they have to pay for everything on their own.

Insincere Senior Management - Low pay and weak benefits

I worked at United Capital Financial Advisers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally nice people among the rank and file.

Cons

Senior management are bullies. They fill you with a false sense or caring but bully their employees to conform. Most people seem to enjoy working at the regional offices but the management of the regional offices DO NOT like working with corporate management.

9. Typical Investment Firm

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at United Capital Financial Advisers full-time

Pros

Fast growing company with opportunities.

Cons

Low pay for the industry.

Advice to Management

Remember the importance of the admins and support staff.

10. Not a good place!!! Lots of talk and the managing directors egos create an environment where you are "the help".

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at United Capital Financial Advisers

Pros

Trying to improve the process of financial planning

Cons

Healthcare plans are unaffordable for the staff.

Advice to Management

Get past the managing directors of the offices controlling you.

11. Feels good to work for a company that wants to make a better world

Current Employee - Management Level
    Current Employee - Management Level

I have been working at United Capital Financial Advisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the way everyone at UC talks about clients and cares about creating a better financial services company. I've worked in other companies that just felt so boring - no higher cause! Here they talk about our purpose all time. Feels like we are going places and I am glad to be part of it. Seriously, if you have worked in other financial companies they all make you work hard etc but this one has spirit. Not your old fashioned company.

Cons

We're growing fast so it's hard to keep up with tall the info and new ideas. There can be times when I feel overwhelmed but people are great and that helps. The pay isn't the top of the industry, nor the bottom, but it's my hope/bet that as UC gets bigger the benefits and comp will grow too. Like I said I have worked elsewhere like B of A and other places - OMG that almost killed me, red tape, no way to make a difference. I never feel like that at UC, but I do miss having tons of resources and big budgets to get things done. we're lean and mean.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and innovating. Spend more time visiting local offices and helping us all connect with each other. Encourage people to move around, try new jobs and grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed