United Copper Industries

www.unitedcopper.com

United Copper Industries Reviews

2.5

Thomas Blanchard

If you really, really, really, need work, consider this place till a job comes along.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Everyone looks out for one another. Lead guys pitch in to get the job done.

Cons

Pisspoor management. Constant schedule changes. Sales drives production, 24 hour weeks, 70 hour weeks. You find out on Friday afternoon you'll have to work the weekend. If you work Sunday they like to send you home early Friday if they can to cut down on overtime pay. Absolutely NO planning. Unhealthy plant, toxic fumes, poor ventilation. Texas summers in this plant are murderous, 10 to 15 degrees hotter in the plant than out. 90 percent are Mexicans so management couldn't care less. High turnover, new faces every week. Laid us off for 2 weeks once. They told us they would file unemployment for us, so we would still get a little money. They lied. No pay. Too much trouble for them to file the paperwork I guess. Didn't tell us till we came back to work. Another 2 week delay for the little bit of pay. For months at a time you have to use a vacation day if you want a day off. Work /life isn't balanced, work has life in a sleeper hold and life's vision is fading fast.

Pull your head out of your ass. How can other manufacturers work their people 40 hours a week, make a profit, and meet their production schedules? Fire your production scheduler, or retrain his retarded ass. Jackslap your sales guys for making promises someone else has to fill. Why can't you allow your people to have a regular home life? Some stability would be nice.

Very political and no employee loyalty

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Pros

pay was good and benefits were ok

Cons

no bonuses and management was constantly changing and no employee longevity loyalty

change your methods and value the long term employees and promote from within

its ok

Pros

pays is good and benefits

Cons

management is bad and supervisers. point system even if you have a doctors note you still get a point 10 points is a limit within a year and a half after you pass you loose your job,work weekends, dont have to much time for yourself alot of overtime

hire new supervisers, less overtime and weekends, more pay not wait a whole year to get the hourly pay change,quit firing poeple for points.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

food and rooms should be available for the employees

Current Employee - Designer  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Designer in Hyderābād (India)

Pros

should be honest when we r in the company
    the copper is very valuable

Cons

if we grown up also we should be simple

should be comfortable with all employees and marketing of the product is important for the company .

Worked for United Copper Industries? Contribute to the Community!