United Dairy Farmers Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Brad Lindner

1. Love my specific store, I've had a wonderful experience at my UDF, customers and all.

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at United Dairy Farmers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Swift promotion from within as well as pay increase. I will say this is my personal experience and these things only come when you're committed to doing your job and doing it well and with a good attitude!

Cons

A lot of micromanagement, no paid breaks and constantly on your feet. There are also no smoke breaks, tobacco is banned on premises while this doesn't apply to me it seems to be a con for most.

Advice to Management

More attention to interpersonal communications, I actually love my management I would say to just stray away from micromanagement to those who don't respond well to this.

2. Zone Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Mason, OH

I worked at United Dairy Farmers (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly good pay and benefits.

Cons

Scheduling and work hours are, at best, poor. They somehow get away with qualifying your breaks as in between customers. That is nearly never. The only employees with scheduled breaks are minors.

Advice to Management

Stop using the "Hitler" motivational tactic with their employees.

3. Good company to work for if you work hard and have good work ethic.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at United Dairy Farmers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Weekly pay (above minimum wage). Raises with promotions. 2. Room to move up. 3. A lot of things can be learned working here. 4. Co-workers become your team and it's a more personal working environment. 5. More benefits the longer you stay and move up. 6. Some customers can be a pleasure to talk to. Regular customers are nice to get to know.

Cons

1. No SET schedule (changes by the week). 2. Can be very stressful (depending on the location of your store). 3. Higher ups (above store level) might not be understanding of factors affecting store performance. 4. No breaks. 5. Lots of policies 6. You MUST ID everybody for alcohol (yes that includes that 70 year old lady) 7. Strict security inspections.

Advice to Management

The most important thing is to help train new employees. It is very stressful the first couple of weeks as they learn how to do things. It is important to make the process easier for them. Lead by example and make sure everyone is doing their share of work. Keep an open ear to any concerns your employees might have and do what you can to fix them. Management is the store's link to higher ups and corporate office.

5. Very Complex

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at United Dairy Farmers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to move up quickly flexible schedule

Cons

Some of store management allowed or ignored both drug use and drug dealing done on the property by other employees. I reported what I saw and when I saw it to the store manager over a several month period And nothing was ever done.

Advice to Management

I would say upper management needs to reinforce the Idea to the store managers that allowing illegal activity on store property by store personal is bad for business and obviously illegal.

6. A good job for college students and part timers.

Former Employee - Clerk/Cashier in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Clerk/Cashier in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at United Dairy Farmers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady relaxed environment. Good communication between the management and employees. Reliable hours. Easy non-rigorous work. Flexible week by week schedule.

Cons

There are times when you may get an angry or dissatisfied customer, and the customer may not have read something correctly. So when they go to make a purchase and the price is different than what they thought it wold be they direct there anger at you.

7. Some of the employees are great, but upper/middle management is terrible.

Current Employee - Shift Leader/Clerk in Alexandria, KY
    Current Employee - Shift Leader/Clerk in Alexandria, KY

I have been working at United Dairy Farmers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Above average pay, weekly pay, two people working on every shift, easy to move up, free coffee/fountain drinks, good general manager.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy, company policies are generic and not always best for each store (eg: security times may not accurately reflect store's busiest times), management rarely places value on discretion or common sense. Management also targets employees that they want to get rid of. These are often employees that have been working for the company for years, and the district supervisor does not need a reason other than simply disliking that employee. Also a good general manager can have 10 good QA's but can be demoted or fired for one failing QA. NO job security. Also, in severe weather, if the electricity goes out, the company would rather let people die in the storm than let them inside. This is supposed to be a Christian company.

Advice to Management

Relax. Its good to know whats in the book (employee manual) but sometimes you need to use your brain. Not every situation you encounter is customer service has a protocol.

Depends on you

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Norwood, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Norwood, OH

I worked at United Dairy Farmers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ice Cream Samples (shh) If you are a people person, You can meet and talk to all kinds of people. Fast pace.

Cons

No Breaks. Be prepared to work for 8 straight hours. Can't smoke cigarettes on the job or YOU will be terminated

Advice to Management

Make Employees work.

9. Udf sucks

Current Employee - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Clerk in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at United Dairy Farmers

Pros

None at all. It sucks

Cons

All. No breaks low pay and full of crap

Advice to Management

None

10. NOT a good place to work at all.

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Florence, KY

I have been working at United Dairy Farmers

Pros

Pays a little bit higher than most other gas stations.

Cons

Besides the fact that you get no breaks, the manager shows up 15 minutes to an hour late EVERY DAY, the first assistant offers to sell drugs to the staff, or your property is either thrown away or stolen, UDF as a company expects too much of its employees. You're there for 8 hours, more if no one shows up on time, you can't even take a two minute phone call without hearing about it the next day. You're given a 3-4 page long list of things that need done on your shift, And it's completely possible that you're going to be working solo through the night, which is not only against THEIR OWN POLICY, it's also stupidly dangerous. Their rules contradict themselves, being busy throughout the night is not accepted as a reason for incomplete work, and if you try to bring any concerns to the manager, they are ignored.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to the management. They're beyond help in my experience. I do, however have some advice for the higher ups. Look into your managers day to day habits. Interview the employees on what really goes on. You would probably be shocked. B

11. Decent job, terrible hours

Former Employee - Third Shift Clerk in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Third Shift Clerk in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at United Dairy Farmers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay - always a plus in my eyes 3rd shift salary differential - $.50 isn't a terrible boost for overnight Uniform provided - obviously, but glassdoor says you need a 20 word minimum...

Cons

Low morale - Management would rather tell you what you did wrong than what you did right Basically no benefits for working there - not even a single discount.... but you do get benefits upon promotion 24 hr/week max for part-time in Cincinnati market - part time sucks, i get it. but 24 hours? max? gotta be kidding me Paid on a monday - I'm college age... come on now.... No set schedule - some people like it this way, not me.

Advice to Management

Less complaining. I always hated running into the office before my shift just to see a huge list of complaints about the tiniest things, but i can understand why those things are important. My managers were good people, they just felt the pressure from above so much harder than they deserved.

RSS Feed </> Embed