United Global Solutions

3.9
Gary Wood

1. No company is perfect - employees make all the difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at United Global Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people, have shared many laughs as well as vented with some, management does make time to listen (sometimes there is a resolution other times there is not), if you ask for help it is available, Gary is laid back, down to earth and a truly good guy! The grass is not always greener on the other side, there is always better however there is always worse and who you are surrounded by can make all the difference. Being a young company there are many pros as well as cons; it can be rewarding to build something however there are growing pains. Most of the time people do give the benefit of the doubt and try to remember no role is without its challenges.

Cons

Traffic in the Galleria area can be hairy, office politics (as with anywhere), this environment is not for everyone and turnover has been tough.

Advice to Management

Negativity spreads quickly and if someone becomes unhappy do your best to resolve the issues before they become disgruntled. More UGS team building!

2. Great Place To Work At!

I have been working at United Global Solutions

Pros

It amazes me the teamwork environment here that has been shown since day 1. Co-workers are are great and they lift your spirits when having a bad day. Gary Wood the COO of the company is always running a million miles per hour but never does he turn you away when you need something, whether it is training, concerns, or personal issues he is there to help. It is a breath of fresh air to see a COO going over and beyond for his team.

Cons

Not many Perks that come with United Global Solutions as initially thought, I would like to see more of that. The company is still growing, so I do expect to see that in the near future.

3. Really cool people

I have been working at United Global Solutions

Pros

Loved working with some of the people at UGS; they were very good at their jobs and overall a welcoming and fun team. Not a pressure cooker as some staffing companies are, and for the most part laid back environment.

Cons

Got to be very metrics oriented, parent company had a different culture.

Advice to Management

Work harder at retaining the good ones.

5. Very Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at United Global Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is inclusive and people work collectively as a team towards success. All of the tools that you need for success are provided to you; you just have to show up and work hard.

Cons

I don't view it is as a con per se, but progress and success are measured and tracked. If measurment and tracking make you feel "micro managed", then you might view it as a con.

Advice to Management

Ensure that all employees have a solid understanding of how success is measured wtihin the company.

6. Great place to hang your hat.

Current Employee - Administrative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Houston, TX

I have been working at United Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Veteran leadership team encourages junior members to ask questions. - Relaxed office culture - encourages new ideas and recruitment techniques. - Management is quick to adopt new technologies, makes things easier on everyone. - Close to trader joes & whole foods.

Cons

- No water cooler. - Coffee could be made a little stronger.

Advice to Management

Buy a water cooler!

7. Hands down this company is one of the best in the industry.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at United Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management care about their employees, the environment is positive, we are encouraged to be our best and given the freedom to do our best. The pay is competitive, the benefits are better than most in the recruiting industry, and the people are amazing. I have been here for over a year, and I can honestly say that every decision that has been made in the company should come as no surprise to any employee. People that have written negative reviews about the company are bitter. I have personally seen the attitude of others when they worked here and when they left. They were given every tool at their disposal and the freedom to get the job done. NO micro-managing was done until months after they didn't produce; and by "micro" managing, it was just a weekly update of where they were at and ideas on how to improve, if needed. Management has made the best decision for the people on their team, taken the time to work with everyone to make them top producers, and overall treated everyone fairly. Sure we are a new company that doesn't have its name out there, but best honest, most recruiting companies are small except for the few majors out there. Recruiting is what you make of it. If you rely on your company's name to get the job done, then you are in the wrong business. Recruiters succeed or fail by their own merits. There are no favorites at this company. Immediately when new people start leads are thrown their way and they hit the ground running, it is up to the employee to make the best of it. Unfortunately we live in a day and age that people use websites like these to complain about their job, not praise it. I know this company is amazing, and the people that work here know it too.

Cons

Galleria traffic can be tough to deal with at times, but that is Houston.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Terrible place to work! Other reviews are done by management!!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I worked at United Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some awesome co-workers... That's about it!

Cons

Terrible leadership! Gary Wood is an idiot. They have zero processes they go by, and honestly, this company will go nowhere! Gary is a hardcore statistics guy! Over uses metrics and micro manages everyone. He will preach "I don't micro-manage at all"... Don't believe a word he says! The office is terrible. Loud. Cheap set up. Plan on zero work/life balance if you work here. Also, during your interview process, you will be lied to non stop! Seriously, do not trust these people at all! Do your research before working here!

Advice to Management

Stop with the micro managing! Stop having your favorites in the office! Stop with the statistics! It's like you do it to make you look smarter... Yet everyone is behind your back laughing at you. Give away some leadership to other people. Your like a chicken with your head cut off! Ken... Seriously man. Your smarter then this... Don't let Gary get away with mis managing your company.

9. Indifferent

I have been working at United Global Solutions full-time

Pros

Friendly group of people, great location, flexible work environment. Different technical tools to recruit with.

Cons

I want to see the company succeed but the lack of name recognition is tough to overcome. The company is young so that can improve. There is a lot of negativity surrounding how people are treated differently than others. For example, the owner plays favorites and it isn't always the ones who are making the money often times the ones he has worked with the longest.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equal and be truthful about what is really going on.

10. Solid leadership, solid co-workers, solid company!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at United Global Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership that is hands on, encouraging, always asking how they can help Collaborative environment Strong applicant tracking system Highly organized and efficient Friendly co-workers who always have your back and are always encouraging Consistently bringing in job orders to fill, with a good sized (and growing) client base all over the country Efforts to build cameraderie outside of the office

Cons

Love my job; hard to think of any! The company is young and growing, so we have our typical growing pains, but the company is easily the best I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Stay as hands-on as you are, even as company continues to grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed