United Health Services

Add Photos

Matthew J. Salanger

My experience was good.

Orthopedic Surgery PA (Former Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsGreat benefits, pay and employee relations.

ConsI was on call a lot but that was not the norm.

GOOD place to start

Finance Intern (Former Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsI was working as an finance intern and it is quite independent

Consno compensation has paid to me. It was volunteer intern

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Clinical Systems Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSteady work and teamwork, work for five hospitals and get to meet a lot of people. Learn many new things and new clinical systems.

ConsOn Call is horrible!!! On call is a week straight and you dont get to sleep because the calls dont stop and you work a full shift in the day while taking another phone line that the physicians call you on. Then you work a fulltime night shift because of all the calls. Call is being abused. Very dangerous if you are driving into work because you are exhausted from call. There isnt enough staff support to support the five hospitals and the helpdesk is short staffed and functions as a call center rather than helpdesk.
     Poor staffing for electronic health record implementation and support. Doctors are always upset because of the amount of support.

Pay is decent but you get 1% raises each year. If you do tuition reimbursement you have to stay two yrs working for UHS as you are bound to contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to lead by example. Discuss changes with staff that are doing the work because it affects them. Some management staff need to go back to school to learn leadership skills and how to speak to employees as to not put them down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good workplace...hard to advance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working for UHS, they provided great benefits.

ConsIt was hard to advance and sometimes requesting time off was difficult.

Good learning experience

Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) Binghamton, NY

Proshelpful team, good work enviornment

Conssmall company, budget restricted

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a clear approach/plan towards achieving the goal

Cedar Ridge in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (a UHS company)

MHT (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Pros-Good benefits and there's always shift openings. You can pick up overtime very easily..
    -I hate having to write this because I loved the work. I really felt as if there was an opportunity to help our patients.

Cons-The reason there are so many shift openings is because every morning supervisors go through the schedule and cut staff. It would be understandable if there was an abundance of staff, but there's not. Supervisors would pull staff from a 1:1 patient to go to another area because staffing was low.
    -Patient care is far from top priority.
    -Management is awful. The majority of them are completely unsupportive, unprofessional, and show favoritism to a handful of staff members. They turn a blind eye to some seriously repugnant behavior.
    -Patient safety falls by the wayside. There were several instances in the time that I worked there that a patient was hurt or injured and proper care wasn't given.
    -Some staff shows absolutely no respect to patients or their belongings. If a patient comes in with something a staff member likes, it's a free for all and management really cant be bothered to address it. Absolutely disgusting.

There's so much more to be said, but I'm going to leave it at this: this 'hospital' is a very dangerous place. If you value integrity and your licenses, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some people there that are doing right, but the bad outweighs the good. That place needs an overhaul in the worst way.

unsupported, unorganized, and unsafe!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Lowell, MA

Prosthe people i work with day to day are amazing and make the days bearable.

Consminimum pay for maximum stress, always understaffed with high acuity.

Advice to Senior Managementget some management that will agree to stay first, then i would tell them to get more staff so we aren't always doing 3 peoples jobs each all day. having a new DON give notice after 2 weeks because she has never seen a company run so poorly should have been a wake-up all. don't you see that the door has been revolving constantly. 12+ people have quit in the last 12 months!!

Very good place to work

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) Sea Cliff, NY

ProsNice environment to work and relax

ConsBetter workplace for understanding job details

Great company

Marketing (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe facilities of good training opportunities that enhance work skills and experience; supportive staff and work life balance. I enjoy working for the company.

ConsI don't have negative things to say about the facility.

The best medical staff I've ever worked with

Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee) Binghamton, NY

ProsThe latest in medical technology and excellent staff

Consthere were no cons to this organization

Advice to Senior ManagementYour innovative approach to mental health care is admirable

Worked for United Health Services? Contribute to the Community!