United Insurance

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Don Royster Sr.

plenty to do but can be challenging to get the best pay

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

Proscan practically make your own hours. off Saturday and Sunday

ConsA lot of driving that the company doesn't pay for, which I think they should because depending where your debit is located its a big gas burner.

Advice to Senior Managementbeing able to spend more time with new agents. sometimes the managers have a lot on their plate, so they should have a training manager or a trainer that helps out new agents especially when just getting into the insurance business and trying to pass your license test

not a bad place to work

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsDon't clock in
    paid base right away while training and will help you gain your license for insurance
    will do well if you have good people experience

Conswill be driving a lot use a crappy car
    it is still a debit so you will be going to mostly poor neighborhood
    can lose or get knocked below the base pay if you get a lot of lapse and no sale

Advice to Senior Managementmake it more organized in getting the insurance agent set up, instead of piling on work loads in the start.

"Not a good experience"

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA

ProsOther than benefits, I can't think of any Pros about the insurance agent position at United Insurance Company of America.

ConsCons, Management will fool you with kindness and positive comments, but they are only loyal to themselves and will throw you in front of the train. Management will tell you that a six figure income is attainable at United Insurance Company but this is a lie. This office has major personnel issues and until this year only hired people from india or Fiji islands. Previous District Manager was demoted to a manager and won't give you proper training. Previous D.M. and new D.M. are at odds with each other, and each wants the other to fail. This is a very negative environment where management will make negative comments to you if you are not of his culture. Very poor base salary with commissions only kicking in after 3rd+ month. Low pay and no car allowance or mileage, you will put huge miles on your personal vehicle. Spend all your time collecting insured premiums with little time to prospect for new business. If you are a professional agent avoid United Insurance Company they don't value licensed professional agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should fire everyone in management from the D.M. down and start over. Also, Corporate should change compensation to a livable amount and provide company cars, or car allowance of $700 per month for gas, maintenance, and wear and tear.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Agents Beware

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsYou are not on a time schedule, so it is a very flexible company to work for. Also, the clients you service are wonderful people to form positive relationships with.

ConsYou put a lot of miles and stress on your vehicle, there are too many variables involved with making money from the contract you sign, and many agents feel compelled to use unethical tactics to make an average salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should train agents better before releasing them in the field alone, and teach them ethical practices by leading by example when securing new business.

Company has no integrity!!!!

Agent (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMy sales manager is great! I have nothing else good to say about united

ConsHr department is very detached...the whole company is a total joke

Advice to Senior ManagementFire HR! They sit in their offices and make decisions based on personal agenda

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

It was a learning experience that I will never forget good/bad.

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExisting clients that are older and knowledgeable of there benefits and have advise for you also.

ConsClients that are older and younger that could care less about their benefits. Management is ok.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an introduction class for new agents before they are placed on a debit. It should include the products offered, the claims process for the company, different forms that have to be completed by the agent/client, and the agent's responsibilities within the company.

insurance agent

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

Prosflexible work hrs. lot of help in marketing tools to generate business

Constoo much driving, sometimes you have work on holidays too

Advice to Senior Managementincrease base pay

Flexible job, horrible pay

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Akron, OH

ProsMake your own hours, little corporate interference

ConsNo compensation for mileage or wear and tear on your vehicle, long drawn out training process, no leads given to you

Unethical activities are tolerated.

Field Agent (Former Employee) Salisbury, MD

ProsWill pay for you to get insurance license.

ConsTurnover rate is awful. Management are scammers, only interested in bottom line. (those numbers) Too many upper level management in on policy schemes and compensation scams to make more money with less work. Unassuming new agents are at risk when working with this company. The only way to get a complaint dealt with is to go to CEO directly. The whole downline is corrupted.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor the District Managers/ Staff Managers activity more. When agents leave get feedback on the real reasons they left.

its an ok place to work

Customer Service (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Proseverybody is friendly and nice

Consno feel of job security

Worked for United Insurance? Contribute to the Community!