United Nations FCU

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael J. Connery Jr.

UNFCU

ProsFamily like atmosphere; good benefits

Consdisorganized strategy and management; Senior Management micro manages

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on core business. get more knowledgeable management

Could be better, could be worse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Proscompetitive salary, excellent benefits, generous vacation, nice office with gym, laid back atmosphere

Conslack of opportunities to move up; managers don't listen to employees or give positive feedback; having to work on weekends occasionally

Advice to Senior ManagementGet professional managers!!!! Look for managers that know how to lead people, show respect and give feedback. I rarely if ever got any feedback and I had several different managers.

You Need your Staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsUNFCU offers great salaries, and benefits to some staff

ConsMost managers do not look out for the best interest of their staff

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some customer service/management courses that teach you how to treat your staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

O.K.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsWork-life balance (depending on department and manager), free gym on-site, excellent benefits, pension, 401K match.

ConsRoom for advancement is extremely limited. The company is trying to expand but is limited by the charter. Politics can lead to termination. The once great benefits are slowly being taken away.

Training is ok.Not really well organzied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDont want to say..Mothing to say.

ConsNot helpfull at all.Mostly well indside not well or open ..for any oppurtunity

Advice to Senior Managementdont want to say.Nothing to say...

Its ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros401K and small end of year bonus.

ConsVery poor management. Almost no opportunity to grow within the company.

Satisfying place to work, great work life balance

Professional (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsStrong upper management team, good benefits, nice work environment, great work life balance depending on your role and manager

ConsLimited room/unclear path for advancement, low salaries and increases.

Great pay and benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is excellent in comparison to other credit unions. The paid time off earning is also great. Company is small, so you do not feel impersonal. You can at least know everyone's name and their department. Environmentally friendly as well.

ConsCertain departments are not as fortunate as others, The call center is extremely hard to get time off when needed. If you don't like the possibility of getting a late shift and hardly ever getting the vacation time you want (which you earned and have available for use) then don't go into the call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the call center they are crucial to your success as an organization. When there are unhappy employees you wont succeed.

Worker for UNFCU

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsCasual job good to great benefits. Most of the people are friendly enough

ConsMoney isn't always right and the chances to move up may seem limited depending on your stance in the company to begin with. Stay clear of MDS if you want to have a life outside of work

The longest you can tolerate this place is 1 year

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsVacation time, you get paid like any other job in the world

ConsYou are dealing with a politics driven company not an idea driven one. If you speak your mind, managers will make sure that your career there is ruined. It's not so much the amount of work you do, as it is the lack of respect you get for it. You'll be given impossible deadlines simply because they don't care about their employees. Despite all of HR's "training" you will be in shock with what people get away with.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management courses or read a few books on leadership. One thing that makes you realize we have basic human rights doesn't defy your pathetic sense of authority.

Worked for United Nations FCU? Contribute to the Community!