United Natural

Be The First To
Add Photos

United Natural President, CEO, and Director Steven L. (Steve) Spinner

Steven L. (Steve) Spinner

IT is a great place to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInfrastructure group is full of brilliant people
    Leadership believes in doing things once...the right way
    Comfortable workplace and relaxed culture
    Hierarchy provides efficiency and expertise in all the right areas
    ESOP and Education benefits are a nice plus

ConsBelow average compensation
    Work/life balance is less than ideal
    Medical/Dental Benefits are average

Advice to Senior ManagementReward those employees who perform well or you will never be able to retain quality talent for long.

Overall a great learning experience.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsVersatile company, that gives employees the chance to get hands on with different aspects of the business.

ConsThere have been a lot of changes as the company gets bigger.

UNFI - Ok

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesterfield, NH

ProsOvertime opportunities, challenges, changing tasks.

ConsNot paid for the job done. Feel used.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone is doing a job above their current role, promote them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sucks I hate this warehouse

Warehouse House Woker (Former Employee) Moreno Valley, CA

ProsThe people there are really friendly grate to get along with..

ConsThey are very unorganized, they don't pay you for the work you have done you will do more work then what you are paid to do. As long as every thing is clean for there little exceptions that they have every once in a while or if some one gets hurt but underneath all of it is a bunch of bull crap and they are there just like every one else which is to get a pay check and go home!!

The ability to learn new skills as well as experience multiple management and supervisor Ideals all under one roof.

Operations Assistant (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsThe ability to be a part of things that will actually help develope your people, personal, and professional skills, is at your fingers.....

ConsLow expectations for employees. Company has great power statements that promot team work, self drive for example (It's our duty to foster the growth of others). Sounds good but when it comes to follow through with most of the team building ideas, not only fall short but in practice turn into warehouse justice.....(think prison rules as an example.) Tough to try and navigate as an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot so much advice, but the company as a corporate entity is doing so well financially I mean really look it up the company has grown so much over the last seven years they are constantly opening new facilities and they are always hiring.

They are horriable

Order Selector (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThey feed you almost every week. And the pay is decent and they good benefits and stock purchase plan

ConsManagement suck long hours 18-20 they let friends go home while you stuck in there. I hated everything about Unfi I would never recommend them

Meh

Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training if you work in the warehouse as a selector.

ConsDon't go into management there. No training provided and when you start to fail they reprimand without training to fix what isn't working.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of a putting someone on a PIP when they don't have proper training make sure they have proper training. And when a supervisor is on a PIP don't just tell them what is wrong and say fix it out else offer training or classes to help fix the issue.

Decent

Warehouse (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsGreat pay easy work growth.

ConsThe hours, and they dont like change. Make up weird rules to cover themselfs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey say they are into helping us and making sure we are happy, they throw around work life balance but dont practice it. Different shifts get treated differently. If they would listen to there employes and try the things that they would suggest, It could benefit them alot, and also make the employes happier and the work place run more smoothly.

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers. Loved working with the vendors.

ConsNot many. It was a great place to work.

Wonderful company to work for!

Field Sales/Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsAs a sales representative it is a great part time job with flexible hours. Very nice boss and great customers.

ConsLack of room for growth in sales field in the mid-west.

Worked for United Natural? Contribute to the Community!