United Refining Reviews

Reset
3.9
John A. Catsimatidis
1 Rating

1. i love my job, but my current manager is extremely difficault to work with!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Geneva, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Geneva, NY

I have been working at United Refining

Pros

the customer base is fantastic, and my fell ow co-workers are a great crew. they make my job easier. i cant imagine working for any other company.

Cons

reviews need to be more timely. i have had one 40 cent raise in a 2 year period. bettter training on specific job duties and more cooperation on a manager level would improve the working inviroment

Advice to Management

listen to what your employee have to say about their work environment, the more pleasant that is the more you will get out of your employees an unhappy employee wont do what needs to be done

2. Intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at United Refining as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Lunch option for only $1 People were friendly Cheap to live in the area Not a very challenging work enviroment

Cons

The place is located in a very small town with not very much activities to do for a younger person

Advice to Management

I honestly don't have any advice. The real estate is already used up so it's just maintain a retail product.

3. Learning, advancing, creative, and fun!!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Frewsburg, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Frewsburg, NY

I have been working at United Refining

Pros

I love the show of support in my area. I also love the camaraderie with both employees and office staff. URC is a great place to work and learn. Overall I love my job and the creativity it allows me to share with other's.

Cons

I don't have a lot of downfalls. I guess I would have to say the most frustrating aspect is when we have equipment failure's and have to wait for repair. I am not a very patient person and usually get frustrated at having to depend on other's for help, but since I certainly don't know it all, I must. At least I learn from every experience.

Advice to Management

Definitely listen to your hands on people. Idea's for improvmet and driving sales are important. TRake each one and analyze it to see the potential we suggest.

5. the job is very fullfilling and challenging an the workplace is comfortable and friendly

I have been working at United Refining

Pros

The medical insurance is great! The employee discounts that are offered are a substantial ease to the family financial burden!

Cons

It is the people business and unfortunately not all customers come in with smiling faces and having a great day. It is still our business to smile and be friendly towards them, and maybe, just hope they have a better day because we were nice to them. So honestly we all hope the "con" turns out to be a "pro" for us, the customer, and the company.

Advice to Management

If it looks good and workable, try it outside the cubicle before you implement some policy and procedure. Most is great but some ideas just don't work at the store level or don't run as efficiently as is does on paper or theory.

6. A good company to work for.

Current Employee - Environmental
    Current Employee - Environmental

I have been working at United Refining

Pros

A growing company that promotes from within where feasable. Fair compensation and work environment.

Cons

Raises are slow to come if at all.

Advice to Management

Better compensation may lead to better employees being hired and or retained.

RSS Feed </> Embed