United Refining

United Refining Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

John A. Catsimatidis

i love my job, but my current manager is extremely difficault to work with!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Geneva, NY

Prosthe customer base is fantastic, and my fell ow co-workers are a great crew. they make my job easier. i cant imagine working for any other company.

Consreviews need to be more timely. i have had one 40 cent raise in a 2 year period. bettter training on specific job duties and more cooperation on a manager level would improve the working inviroment

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to what your employee have to say about their work environment, the more pleasant that is the more you will get out of your employees an unhappy employee wont do what needs to be done

Learning, advancing, creative, and fun!!!!

Manager (Current Employee)
    Frewsburg, NY

ProsI love the show of support in my area. I also love the camaraderie with both employees and office staff. URC is a great place to work and learn. Overall I love my job and the creativity it allows me to share with other's.

ConsI don't have a lot of downfalls. I guess I would have to say the most frustrating aspect is when we have equipment failure's and have to wait for repair. I am not a very patient person and usually get frustrated at having to depend on other's for help, but since I certainly don't know it all, I must. At least I learn from every experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDefinitely listen to your hands on people. Idea's for improvmet and driving sales are important. TRake each one and analyze it to see the potential we suggest.

the job is very fullfilling and challenging an the workplace is comfortable and friendly

ProsThe medical insurance is great! The employee discounts that are offered are a substantial ease to the family financial burden!

ConsIt is the people business and unfortunately not all customers come in with smiling faces and having a great day. It is still our business to smile and be friendly towards them, and maybe, just hope they have a better day because we were nice to them. So honestly we all hope the "con" turns out to be a "pro" for us, the customer, and the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf it looks good and workable, try it outside the cubicle before you implement some policy and procedure. Most is great but some ideas just don't work at the store level or don't run as efficiently as is does on paper or theory.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good company to work for.

Environmental (Current Employee)

ProsA growing company that promotes from within where feasable. Fair compensation and work environment.

ConsRaises are slow to come if at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter compensation may lead to better employees being hired and or retained.

Worked for United Refining? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Refining reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for United Refining CEO John A. Catsimatidis. All reviews posted anonymously by United Refining employees.