United Rentals

United Rentals Reviews in Canada

Updated Feb 21, 2014

United Rentals President & CEO Michael J. Kneeland

Michael J. Kneeland

Pros
  • URI offers competitive wages, and a good benefits package(in 13 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, mostly new equipment(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • In my experience mid and upper management will not return phone calls unless emergency(in 14 reviews)

• Micro management, discourage continuing education, etc(in 4 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great work environment, fun, challenging & rewarding.

Business Development (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsUR invests heavily in its people and lets you do your job. Even though it's a massive corporation you still get the feeling that your voice is being heard. This is especially nice when it comes to being part of the strategy side of a business.

ConsThe only down side I have experienced so far is that for a diverse company we try to use a "one size fits all" approach to running the business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice ( directed to the board level ) is to not settle or promote the "one size fitsa all" mentality. While I realize we need to focus on the overall health of the company I think this can be achieved by letting the business units have some autonomy in terms of how they operate.

Betrayed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

ProsDon't have any at all.

ConsSuper micromanagement. This branch has been set up to fail. First of the year they cut our wages and broke our contract, forcing us to work 8 days on, 6 days off at 12 hours a day. Transport equipment is older and constantly breaking down, severely short on mechanics so the guys on shift have to bust there ass all day to try to meet company demanded goals. Poor moral, everyone will be quitting soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone because they won't listen anyways.

Great company, excellent training, drink the koolaid management mentailty

Outside-Sales Representative (Current Employee) Saint John, NB (Canada)

ProsGreat Salary+Commissions
    Nice Company Vehicle
    Good Benefits

ConsOld Equipment
    Push back and lack of new equipment

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people, encourage and mandate an open door policy. When opportunities arise INVEST, and conserve on areas that are recessed.

Worked for United Rentals? Contribute to the Community!