United Rentals

United Rentals Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

United Rentals President & CEO Michael J. Kneeland

Michael J. Kneeland

Pros
  • URI offers competitive wages, and a good benefits package(in 13 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, mostly new equipment(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • In my experience mid and upper management will not return phone calls unless emergency(in 14 reviews)

• Micro management, discourage continuing education, etc(in 4 reviews)

Laid off after 11+ years in 2009 & wish URI would rehire laid off employees!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Fairfield, CT

ProsI loved working at URI because of the company benefits, values and mission. I knew that Mike and Matt would take this company to the top, which they did. My skills were honed at this company. I had a great manager who taught me so much. Working at URI were the happiest and proudest days of my life.

ConsNot much room for advancement for women at our location. I honestly thought URI genuinely cared about long time employees but I believe the old adage "out of sight, out of mind" applies now that the company has grown so large.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire back employees who were laid off during the economic downturn. Women need more opportunities for advancement.

Always Part of the Team

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsUnited Rentals is an amazing company to work for. Not only is my salary higher than the Industry standard but I have excellent benefits as well! I also appreciate the team oriented culture my opinion is frequently sought after and considered in the decision making process.

ConsSometimes important decisions about new initiatives or practices can take too much time to move through the corporate chain of command.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to continue reaching out to the field for feedback on corporate practices.

Great company that keeps all employees trained and keeps pushing for employee development for future opportunities.

District Manager (Current Employee) Flowood, MS

ProsCompany has action plan in place for future growth. United Rentals is an Leader with employees and their customers.

ConsAt times it's seems to be more about the metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times there's too many training on going at one time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hidden treasure of a company

Human Resources (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsI started with United Rentals a few years ago - from outside the industry. Best move ever. After finding out more - I wanted to be a part of this - an organziation full of smart, hard working people. I've seen consistant improvment and refinement - each year gets more exciting.I have a huge sense of pride being a part of this group and can't wait to see what happens next.

ConsNot alot of turn over

Great Company to work For

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Cross Lanes, WV

ProsStrong Leadership, Clear Vision, Veteran Friendly, Tons of Opportunities

ConsCan't find anything to say that is negative, I love this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Unlimited Exposure to new things with limitless opportunity for development and advancement

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Saint Rose, LA

ProsUnited Rentals seeks to promote those who work hard and are looking for long term career opportunities. The have training programs designed to develop their employee's and create bench strength for future growth and change. They are on the cusp of technology and are leading industry change for our business..

Personally, United Rentals has given me the training, support and development to help me advance in my career. I have experienced so many new things and have been exposed to so many new areas of the country and people because of United Rentals. I don’t believe I would ever had these opportunities and experiences with another company within our industry

United Rentals is a family friendly and safe company that provides me with the peace of mind I need to be a good provider to my family both from a financial and presence perspective

ConsI honestly cannot come up with any Cons with working for United Rentals. You get out of the company what you put into it. Works hard, be patient and the benefits will far outweigh any obstacles you may encounter along the way

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to put focus on our team of employees; i.e. Employee Benefits, Bonus programs, Recognition programs, Communications, etc. Happy employees are the most productive and efficient employees

United Rentals is the Equipment Rental Industry leader in technology, employee development and customer satisfaction.

ProsUnited Rentals offers a safe work environmnent, opportunity for career advancement and a competetive compensation package.

ConsInternal politics and intercompany issues are challenging at times when trying to take care of customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to what the true metrics are and embrace that some processes are not cookie cutter and should be modeled to ultimately take care of and support customers in the local market.

I am proud to work for the industry leader.

ProsChallenge of being the leader and actually driving change within the industry
    Promotion Opportunities
    Technology Advancement within the Industry

ConsLarge organization structure
    Challenge of networking due to certain levels of turnover/change in position

Excellent Company

Service Manager (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsYou always have room to move up in the chain.

ConsNone at this present time

A good place to work.

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Perrysburg, OH

ProsWork environment, wages and benefits.

ConsLong days - demanding since it is a customer service orientated company

Worked for United Rentals? Contribute to the Community!