United Road Services Reviews

Kathleen McCann

1. Customer Service/Marketing/Recruiting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Romulus, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Romulus, MI

I have been working at United Road Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

United Road offers above average benefits and management is approachable. Eric Madison in HR was able to work with me to find a position and schedule that worked for me.

Cons

Communication needs to be made a priority. Each department operates independently with little understanding of the others. Ineffective communication between employees, departments and locations result in frustration.

Advice to Management

Look past the numbers. Employee morale is important, as well, and implementation of effective communication and cross training will help people feel invested and proud to work here.

Great Place to Work!

Pros

I have worked for United Road for 10+ years and have to say they offer very good salary and benefits packages along with a new 401K/company match program. Management and staff are great and very helpful!

Cons

You will always be busy, which I don't really feel is a "con."

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. Strives to be a Caring Company

I have been working at United Road Services full-time

Pros

Good Benefits for families, good employee relations and fair treatment, safety and equipment better than competitors, support training and development available to new employees, benefits and incentives, competitive pay for the employees that excel on an average basis.

Cons

Much larger company now and still working very hard to keep everyone happy

Advice to Management

continue to get local business divisions as well as at corporate to have more communications with the drivers and office employees. listen to the thoughts and ideas of everyone.

5. employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

I have been working at United Road Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Top technology. Great drivers. Drivers take pride in their work and always make you smile.

Cons

Need to advertise our company with Road signs and radio commercials. .

Advice to Management

Kathleen, Eric E, Pat R, Matt C and Sandra are the best. Each of you make us want to be better than we were the day before. . Awesome. Thanks for all you do. .

6. Growing company

Current Employee - Administrative Services in Romulus, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Services in Romulus, MI

I have been working at United Road Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great management Good pay and benefits, and a new 401k matching program The company is growing and they listen to our feedback Lots of opportunity to grow

Cons

Really busy, you are never bored

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

greer terminal mgmt.

Current Employee - Driver - Car Hauler- Trainer in Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Driver - Car Hauler- Trainer in Greer, SC

Pros

A great home like place to work, my terminal mgr mrs mary osborn is the greatest boss ever, she sees my revenue stays up, and hometime requirements are met. I see and hear ppl bad mouth her and talk down about her, if these sorry ppl will do their job they will never hear a word from mrs osborn she is the most fair and respectable boss i have ever had she has been my boss since i came to this company even changing terminals i followed her and will continue to do so ..so pro's are if u want benefits galore a great home to work and retire at, a stable co with freight, and the most fair boss ever then mrs osborn and greer terminal of united road is place to be if u wanna work !

Cons

Drama from drivers as with any trucking company, ppl from another co we jus bought out not wanting to do their job then start spreading the drama you know he said she said he did she did if these ppl would mind their own business and do their job there would be no cons to this company !

Advice to Management

Mgmt over the whole company get rid of the drama and if they dont wanna do their job the united road way and mind their own business they need to hit the roadway these ppl need to leave my terminal mgr mrs mary osborn alone and let her do her job the united road way other than that great job ms kathleen my ceo and mr pat riley keep it up advice to terminal mgr mrs mary osborne keep up the good work and continue to run things the way you do my dispatcher kim is awesome and terminal is home !

8. Great earning potential

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Livonia, MI

I have been working at United Road Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential- no commission cap and great benefits

Cons

Minor micro managing, you receive a designated state in which your business must stay in unless other wise referred into a different territory which limits your sales. Company cell phone keeps you available 24 hrs a day

Advice to Management

They've already heard what we all have to say. They will do what is best for the company not for there employees which is understandable

9. great place for carhaulers!

Current Employee - Car Hauler in Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Car Hauler in Greer, SC

I have been working at United Road Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, great pay and benefits. dispatchers and management are friendly and professional and really know how to keep us moving and making money

Cons

not much at all, lots of changes since URS bought Waggoners, some were ok and some some are ridiculous

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, keep finding me freight to move and making me money

Dishonesty, deception, apathy and laziness really are rewarded in this company.

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at United Road Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits with the exception of vision(which sucks) 401K match, my immediate supervisor, lots of turnover so there is always room to advance

Cons

No Upper management involvement except "for show", Lack of IT, no real technology innovations (having an app doesn't mean you are innovative, 8y/o children can write a phone app), pay rates, VP's and regional managers who ignore issues brought before them, useless management, no standardization, no training, no SoP's, all suggestions ignored unless you are "buddies" with or brown nose certain people, no support for employees except in very rare & specific instances to simply safe face or prevent further embarrassment, upper management takes no action or responsibility for anything unless it's a high visibility issue, CEO and certain VP's seeming lack of interest possibly due to imminent retirement or simply not caring either way employees are left to suffer. No accountability unless you are LOW on the totem pole then you get the blame no matter what, did I mention no training?, terminal managers who are not only willing to lie, cheat or steal to get someone fired they perceive as a threat but who also actively lie to & manipulate others in an attempt to keep everyone pitted against one another and eyes off what they are doing.

Advice to Management

No advice to management as it would be ignored. BUT if Charles Bank happens to read this & is willing to act, CLEAN HOUSE start & the top & work your way down. Too many at the top are over paid in comparison to the amount of work you get out of them. 3 to 4 levels down is where you'll find your hard workers, the lower you go the more you will find being done.

11. Associate

Pros

Co workers are awesome! Very friendly and helpful

Cons

Management is terrible. People don't stay long once they get in.

RSS Feed </> Embed