United Site Services Reviews

Ron Carapezzi

1. United site services

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Westborough, MA

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is growing and there are opportunities to advance.

Cons

While the company is expanding we have limitations when it comes to the system.

2. Fast pace ever changing

Former Employee - Supeevisor in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Supeevisor in San Jose, CA

I worked at United Site Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great bunch of people to work with. Fast pace envoirment

Cons

Working with dispatch can be hard. Not customer friendly. They have a lot on their plate.

Advice to Management

Better understanding of what customer care does for the company

3. Drivers deserve better.

Former Employee - Service Driver in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Service Driver in New Orleans, LA

I worked at United Site Services full-time

Pros

Great hours when there's alot of work.

Cons

No future within the company, meaning no advancing up the ranks. When a new position is available they would rather go outside of the company than give us qualified drivers a shot.(Dead end job)

Advice to Management

Treat your drivers better and they'll far and beyond their daily duties. When I realized what was happening I stopped trying as hard. I did what I had to do nothing more.

Customer Care Representative

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at United Site Services full-time

Pros

Back in 2013 it had a "family feel". It was only 8 miles from my home and I did not get on a freeway to get to work. Easy job; only 5 real responsibilities: billing, new orders, pick ups, etas, "operator".

Cons

Pricing for customers is handled very poorly. "WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT THAT WAY". 7 words that kill businesses. A lot of procedures are not written down and if the supervisor finds fault with your work, they "interpret" the verbal procedure to fire you if you take initiative and are proactive in supporting the bottom line and taking care of customers. It is bad business to give customers 5 year old pricing coz WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT THAT WAY. Then to get mad at an employee for quoting new pricing to customers who have no open orders or are brand new customers. Pricing is provided by city by Regional Sales Mgmt, not Customer Care. The cost of doing business varies by city. You are losing $$ when you charge Los Angeles pricing in San Francisco. Customer Care is afraid to put this procedure in Writing for fear Sales Mgmt will find out and chastise them. But they can punish employees who are proactive and take initiative. The real reason CC just gives in on pricing is mgmt and staff don't want any conflict with customers. Hello, just tell your customers pricing varies by city, and the customer will understand. You don't have to give them a credit coz you are afraid to tell customers the truth. Customers charge their customers the "going rate". If we did business with them, they would charge us full price! Any business that continues to operate under WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE IT THAT WAY will continue to suffer revenue difficulties and even buying/acquiring other businesses will not stop the $$ blood loss. ---------------- No real advancement opportunities. The only people that get promoted are young, easily coerced, and "obedient" employees. Most people who want advancement have to leave Customer Care and go to Sales or Ops. --------- No sick leave (Calif just forced them to give 3 days, but you have to accrue it over a year) No 401K match (they say in Oct 2015) If you are out sick, a dr's appt, or are late, they "force" you to use your Vacation time, even if you want to take it Unpaid. 1 Week Vacation your 1st year. 2 weeks vacation after 1 year. Start at $15 per hour. Mandatory OT when they feel like making you work. Low Morale due to a lot of back biting Supposed to be "1 Call Center", but major rivalry between East Coast and West Coast. East Coast makes all these "rules", rams then down West Coast's throat, and then does not follow their own rules. Heaven forbid you point out EC personnel did not follow the rules!

Advice to Management

Stop burying your head in the sand regarding pricing in Customer Care. You are losing easily millions of dollars by giving your business away. If your Ops and Sales departments knew you were under charging customers for the service provided, they would riot!! Get rid of training mgrs and supervisors who have been with the company 9 or 10 years and are not able or willing to move past the Status Quo.

6. Love my team love my job

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Mount Vernon, WA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team atmosphere - we care about our employees, customers and how we look to others. My OPS Manager is the best person Ive ever learned anything from. She takes customer service to a whole new level.

Cons

Updated software and computers. It's very difficult to do your job when you have to wait for your computer to load customer information while the customer is on the phone waiting. Online bill pay for the customers.

customer care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for 5 years. Good work environment, great people to work with and good benefits. Our company has also paid the increase in insurance, so our rates didn't go up.

Cons

There doesn't seem to brew much room for advancement in my position, and I haven't had a raise in four years. Work is bottle necked, and instead one being able to complete something inn one step, numerous emails have to be sent. Seems to be too money driven versus customer driven.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations. Develop better relationships with other workers that aren't in management. Uninterrupted meetings would be great.

8. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Service Driver in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Service Driver in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

United Site Services do care about there employees. Good benefits, pay, vacation and help with college if requested. I would not work for no other company. USS is unique.

Cons

Communication is almost excellent buy needs some work.

Advice to Management

Favoritism between supervisors and drivers or mechanics and drivers is noticeable. In the years I have worked with United Site Services I have seen that a lot.

9. Overall not bad.

Pros

Great people and freedom to get your job done.

Cons

Benefits we not up to par.

Take over giant in the port potty industry.

Current Employee - Accountant in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Westborough, MA

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are hardworking and nice. Generous overtime if you are an hourly employee. Flexible hours. Free pizza every two weeks. Nice Christmas Party.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate amongst employees. No adequate training for your job. Co-workers too busy to train anyone. HR is inadequate. Impossible workload on an archaic operating system. Long hours for salaried employees.

Advice to Management

Stop the turnover of self-trained and valuable employees. Respect goes a long way. Pay your vendors on a timely basis and fix the Accounts Payable Department that has been in turmoil for the past 3 years due to bad management. Support your yard managers with training. Focus inwards for awhile and fix internal problems before gobbling up more Mom and Pop businesses. Your lust to be the giant in the port a potty business might be your down fall. Update your archaic operating system for better reporting. Get rid of Field Operating Services (FOS) and replace with a professional purchasing department run by purchasing professionals.

Please this is a horrible company. Take it if you need a job but keep looking

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Orlando, FL

I have been working at United Site Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beat them up for pay. they will cave in.

Cons

really unorganized and everybody is in charge! you will have at least 3 bosses all of which want something completely different than the others. You will be backstabbed I guarantee it.

Advice to Management

None. nobody will listen to a possible good idea so why waste the effort.

RSS Feed </> Embed