United Space Alliance

United Space Alliance Reviews in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Updated Feb 19, 2014

United Space Alliance President & CEO Virginia Barnes

Virginia Barnes

Pros
  • Great people worked there before Shuttle Program was shutdown(in 17 reviews)

• The work life balance with working for United Space Alliance was great(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management unable to generate new business when shuttle program died(in 27 reviews)

• They tried to diversify, but their hands were tied by their parent companies Boeing and Lockheed(in 12 reviews)

31 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to work for.

Production Planner (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsGreat benefits, good bosses, great pay.

ConsThere is nothing that I can say that is bad about this company.

USA review

Logistics Manager I (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsGood company, glad to work for them. Company folded

Conscompany folded, space shuttle retired, job ended.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

Great place to work

Network Administrative (Current Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsNothing better than working on the Shuttle Program. Great company, great salaries.

ConsToo bad it had to end.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Space Shuttle

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsGreat business culture for a great program

ConsOne trick pony. Needed to expand business beyond Shuttle Program

Great people! Promotions were hard to come by...

Project Manager (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

Proslocation, projects, exciting, interesting, working with stuff that goes into space!!

Conslay offs were frequent, RIF's

Advice to Senior Managementkeep listening

Good while it lasted...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsFair compensation. While management heavy, there was little micromanagement. Great working for a national treasure... the space program. Always challenging work.

ConsToo much interference by the NASA customer. Had to get permission to do anything... virus updates, patches, etc. Install something in "validation", then had to back it out and reinstall in "production".
    Senior management unable to generate new business when shuttle program died.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore top-down communication.

Looked forward to coming to work (almost) every day

Computer Science Staff IV (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsDecent benefits, little real stress, competitive salary, approachable management. 7 year heads-up regarding impending closure. High quality expectations working for a great program.

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement; little accountability for tracking resources, inundated with paperwork. Senior management totally incapable of acquiring meaningful future contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Employment at United Space Alliance.

Subcontract Administrator IV (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsWorking in the Space Industry and having NASA as our customer was a tremendous privilege and responsibility.

ConsEssentially having only one customer - NASA and only one program - the International Space Shuttle resulted in experiencing my only one layoff and termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

USA tried to turn the corner and diversify, but they were not able to make it happen.

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsIn the beginning, USA had an excellent educational reimbursement program and their health insurance was very good. They were very good to their employees and one had a sense of accomplishment their.

ConsThey are a "one trick pony" that relied on the Shuttle program for their existence. As the space program has declined, so has USA. They tried to diversify, but their hands were tied by their parent companies Boeing and Lockheed.

An extremely satisfying, challenging, people conscious company.

Orbiter Operations Processing Chief (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsI’ve worked in the Aerospace industry for over 36 years – Minuteman II and III missile guidance and telemetry systems; design, development and testing of the MX/Peacekeeper Missile and the Space Shuttle program. Above all, working for United Space Alliance on our countries Space Shuttle Program was an extremely satisfying job - both professionally and personally. The company had great benefits – medical coverage at a fair cost, further schooling assistance (tuition/books fully paid, with a bonus upon degree completion), career progression opportunities and generous salaries. Employees were truly treated as assets and a valuable resource – this included managers, engineers and technicians/workers at all levels. The company constantly strived for continuous improvements in all phases of processing. It was more than a job it was a career you loved and wish it hadn’t end.

ConsThe Space Shuttle program was retired. Other than that no cons to working for Unitied Space Alliance or the Space Shuttle Program.

Advice to Senior ManagementA great model for complex task objectives and how to treat valued employees.

Worked for United Space Alliance? Contribute to the Community!