United Talent

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Berkus

A top company in its space.

Executive (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsThey have very talented people in the organization.

ConsThey lack continuity in management personnel and philosophy.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild your executives in the same successful manor you build your clients.

Great!

ProsAccess to industry top players

ConsLong hours, and low pay

Great entry-level exposure to business of entertainment industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAn assistant-level job at UTA is like getting paid to go to entertainment grad school. Get a sense of the culture it takes to 'make it' in Hollywood. Unparalleled networking opportunities.

ConsIncessant never-ending workload. Low salaries. Long hours. Many personalities are unsatisfiable divas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glamorous, fast-paced environment with menial work and high turnover.

Intern (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsFast-paced, friendly co-workers, get to see celebrities, great weather in California.

ConsHigh turnover, stressful, menial work such as fetching coffee and dry cleaning, low pay, long hours and many of the higher ups are certifiably insane (but there is also a good chance you end up with a nice boss, which I did)

Talent Assistant

Assistant (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsGreat place to work to learn the ins-and-outs of the entertainment industry. Great place to learn skills you will use to be an agent.

ConsIf you plan on making your way to an agent plan on doing a ton of sucking up and don't plan on seeing your family for 4 years. Be ready to feel like you aren't worth anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not all about you, the people under you are doing most of the work. Give credit where its due.

Great energy, all depends on who you work with.

Assistant to Agent (Former Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsFast paced environment, never a dull moment, diverse personalities, creative energy.

ConsFraternity setting, demanding hours, difficult personalities. Not atypical for entertainment industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementSplendid work on the placement of employees that leave the agency. Incredibly efficient work environment. Perhaps remind agents to treat assistants with respect and teach assistants not to repeat the vicious cycle once they become an agent.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company, hard work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting people, great opportunities, lots of chances for advancement, the mail room is a great place to start

ConsDemanding culture, revolving door hiring, hard work, long hours, lots of yelling

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus a little more on employee development instead of acting like a placement agency to the industry

Welcome to Hollywood.

Agent Trainee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFoot in the door in the industry, access.

ConsLow pay, stressful environment, long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more career guidance to your assistants. Not all will become agents, so why waste their time? High turnover results in more time training new assistants, so give more incentives for people to stick around. 'Access' is not enough (aka listening into phonecalls.)

Low pay, long hours, unfriendly atmosphere

Assistant (Current Employee) Beverly Hills, CA

ProsStepping stone to a better position.

ConsOther assistants and agents are unfriendly, little to no pay, extremely long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the assistants better. Of course there is a high turn over rate when everyone is miserable.

Worked for United Talent? Contribute to the Community!