United Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

United Technologies Chairman & CEO Louis R. Chênevert

Louis R. Chênevert

Pros
  • Pay is good and great benefits also they have employee scholar program (in 15 reviews)

• Employee scholar program is great (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • All business units operate autonomously so no chance to collaborate with others (in 9 reviews)

• Communication with upper management wasn't always clear (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Goodrich was a decent place to work but UTC has changed the place with vice grips of ACE reqt's and etc..

Staff QA Engineer (Current Employee) Chula Vista, CA

ProsSalaries, Career opportunities, company sponsored educational benefits

ConsUTC is laying off senior staff thru golden hand shakes and lots of outsourcing key support dept's. Hiring freezes big work loads.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate what is going on to all employees. Discuss company common goals to all.

Giant company with little focus on people

ProsGood benefits, 401K match, tuition reimbursement, health, gain share, etc.

ConsUnrealistic expectations, poor middle management, lack of leadership coaching

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employes.

Crazy management

ProsPay is good, some people are very talented

ConsBullying is rampant -particularly one EhS vp at CCS. HR focuses on promoting themselves - heaven forbid the should have to do anything for an employee. Ethics policy "selectively" enforced.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at how some of your executives act. It is disgraceful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a company with good pay and benefits but lots of corporate red tape.

Intern (Current Employee)

ProsThe company tends to provide decent benefits and competitive pay. I found I enjoyed working with the majority of the employees and worked in a comfortable environment. My current supervisors are well qualified and are very logical and reasonable.

ConsThe starting vacation allotted for full time employees is low but buying extra is an option. There is a lot of red tape for even standard work. There are many career advancement opportunities at many locations but it may be necessary to work more than several years at the company to be promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a ground level employee I would like to criticize a lot of the decisions and changes currently being made in the company and how rapidly large project decisions are attempted, but I understand how most of the decisions will benefit the company as a whole financially. Although the smoke and mirrors strategy being used to keep employees feeling secure in there jobs ends up making employees nervous about their employment anyway. The meetings with upper management seem like they are being used to instill security in the employees but are leading to a distrust and disconnect between the ground level employees and upper management.

Tell you what you want to hear then let you down constantly. Poor management and HR staff in Foley facility.

ProsOnly thing would be pay based on area. Since buy out from UTC the employee scholar program seems to be a good thing.

ConsFemales are definitely overlooked except when it comes to sexual remarks and harassment. Been here 8 years and been sexually harassed twice and only thing done was moved around.

Advice to Senior ManagementHuman Resources are overpaid and do nothing except lie to your face. Tell you what you want to her most of the time and never make good on any promises. Would not recommend any female to work there.

Very relaxed, comfortable working environment.

Intern (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsRelaxed environment.
    Good management.
    Pressure when needed from superiors.

ConsSometimes I felt it may have been a little too result driven.
    More management may have helped motivate on occasion.

Excellent company to work with; Global model

Engineer (Current Employee) Chula Vista, CA

ProsAbundant opportunities across the company

ConsShare long term goals with employees

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up good work

Great people and development opportunities but sensitivity to the business cycle.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsInteresting products, great people, strong leadership throughout the company, good corporate vision, good location, competitive salary, good fringe benefits

ConsUnited Technologies is at the whim of the state of business with the US government and is very sensitive to the aerospace industry. Restructuring is constant.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to insulate UTC from downturns.

Marketing Manager

ProsGlobal, Ethics, Opportunities. Good talent developement program

ConsBureacratic. Hard to get to the most valued circles

Commodity Manager

Commodity Manager (Current Employee) Farmington, CT

ProsGood products, intelligent people
    UTC teaches you the fundamentals of every manufacturing company

ConsManagement doesn't communicate
    Un-realistic expectations
    Little chance of promotion
    Not for people that are entrepreneurial in spirt

Worked for United Technologies? Contribute to the Community!