UnitedHealth Group Reviews

Reset
4.0
UnitedHealth Group President, CEO, and Director Steve Hemsley
Steve Hemsley

Pros
  • Ability to work from home (at discretion of manager) (in 270 reviews)

• work-life balance (as long as you're not in finance) (in 145 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is laughably nonexistent (in 98 reviews)

• which is hysterical considering we are a health insurance company (in 89 reviews)

1. Nice place to work, pay is average but good working environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No state holidays but generous paid time off allowances. Management are nice though a little disorganized. Work is challenging but they do consider work life balance. They truly care for their members and are not greedy.

Cons

Health benefits are supposedly not good but I think they're okay. People are not held accountable for actions making progress slow. Pay raises are infrequent and low. Work gets piled on capable employees. Burn-out seems common.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff, especially efficient ones. Make people accountable to promote efficiency. Assess and divvy employee work loads to prevent burn-outs and frequent employee turn-overs.

2. Worst Company But They Don't Want You or the Government To Know

Current Employee - Authorizations in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Authorizations in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Don't have any at this time.

Cons

They do not care about the Physicians or the beneficiaries. They do not care about their employees. They want contracts, but can't work out the kinks. If you are a hard worker, there is no reward but more work and no appreciation. But if you are a slacker and don't care if physicians get paid or the beneficiaries are stuck with a bill, they love you. The new VP over us is good, but the VP still standing in a market in the continental U.S. near us is an idiot and people not even in his department do his job for him. Worse Benefits package I've ever seen for a "big" healthcare company. They want robots working for them. This company is not ethical. They talk the big talk, but can't walk it.

Advice to Management

Interview current and recent past employees to find the truth of what is actually going on in the trenches.

Showing 2 of 3,288 reviews