UnitedHealth Group

Updated Dec 12, 2013

UnitedHealth Group President, CEO, and Director Steve Hemsley

Steve Hemsley

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Happy, content and enjoying my work

Case Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

ProsI enjoy environment, respect and flexibility

ConsToo much orientation to statistics, too fast moving

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand humans working with humans

15 minutes of fame with no future in Kidney Resource Services

Licensed Practical Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork from home opportunities, decent pay, great tuition reimbursement, lots of training and CEU offerings

ConsNo retention plan for employees who obtain higher credentials. Poor communication between lower to mid management and staff.
If you can figure out how to become a member of the "Good ole Nurse Club" GREAT! Other wise, I do not recommend a nursing position within Optum's Kidney Resource Services until you have completed your education and/or don't plan on advancing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't wait until it's time to do an annual review before you drop the bomb on your employees about the new metrics that have been in place for the last 6 months.
Don't promise employees a position/promotion that you don't plan to follow through on.
Don't tell your staff "We encourage you to use your tuition reimbursement and to further your education because we have a place for you here." Especially when you don't mean it.
Offer better coverage and lower the cost of the health insurance benefits for your employees...because you are the insurance company, you made a huge profit last year, and you can.

Flexible, but no interest in employment development.

Enrollment (Current Employee)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI am a telecommuter that has been the only benefit in my position. They offer a wealth of employee centered programs.

ConsI have been in the same position for over 6 years, with no employee development opportunities or employee advancement. I have been very ambitious and express my desires to all my managers which has a high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within, experience and dedication should carry employee who may lack the education a long way within the company. Allow employee to shadow and explore other facets of the company.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group reviews and ratings in Lisle, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UnitedHealth Group CEO Steve Hemsley. All reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees.