UnitedHealth Group

2.9
1,929 Reviews

UnitedHealth Group President, CEO, and Director Steve Hemsley
Steve Hemsley

Pros
  • They allow some employees to work from home which is a nice benefit for some (in 231 reviews)

• This company does strive for work/life balance with it's employees (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be hard as people are increasingly asked to do more with less (in 79 reviews)

• This company also does not offer their employees good health insurance (in 77 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

15 minutes of fame with no future in Kidney Resource Services

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Case Manager  in  Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Case Manager in Lisle, IL

Pros

Work from home opportunities, decent pay, great tuition reimbursement, lots of training and CEU offerings

Cons

No retention plan for employees who obtain higher credentials. Poor communication between lower to mid management and staff.
    If you can figure out how to become a member of the "Good ole Nurse Club" GREAT! Other wise, I do not recommend a nursing position within Optum's Kidney Resource Services until you have completed your education and/or don't plan on advancing.

Don't wait until it's time to do an annual review before you drop the bomb on your employees about the new metrics that have been in place for the last 6 months.
    Don't promise employees a position/promotion that you don't plan to follow through on.
    Don't tell your staff "We encourage you to use your tuition reimbursement and to further your education because we have a place for you here." Especially when you don't mean it.
    Offer better coverage and lower the cost of the health insurance benefits for your employees...because you are the insurance company, you made a huge profit last year, and you can.

Flexible, but no interest in employment development.

Current Employee - Enrollment  in  Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL

Pros

I am a telecommuter that has been the only benefit in my position. They offer a wealth of employee centered programs.

Cons

I have been in the same position for over 6 years, with no employee development opportunities or employee advancement. I have been very ambitious and express my desires to all my managers which has a high turnover rate.

Promote from within, experience and dedication should carry employee who may lack the education a long way within the company. Allow employee to shadow and explore other facets of the company.

Happy, content and enjoying my work

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Lisle, IL

Pros

I enjoy environment, respect and flexibility

Cons

Too much orientation to statistics, too fast moving

Understand humans working with humans

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!