UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Reviews in Milwaukee, WI

UnitedHealth Group President, CEO, and Director Steve Hemsley

Steve Hemsley

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I work on interesting problems from anywhere in the country.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)

ProsTele-commuting is promoted.
    Lots of responsibility.

ConsA lack of uniformity of policies across the company. I was hired to work ~50 hours a week, I went through a reorg and now work for a group the penalizes my boss if I work over 40 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seem to be a lot of policy revisions that get released that go unenforced. It seems like the company doesn't have a single direction.

Horrible

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsNone none none none none

ConsDon't bother with this cheapskate company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people better and you will get better performance out of everyone. Don't try to lowball every single employee.

It was a relaxing work environment.

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe pay is good compared to other customer service jobs I've had. The people were friendly and relaxed. There was enough time to get to know others.

ConsThere seemed to be little chance of moving to a different job or advancing from a current position. After a while, it felt stifling.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome more words of encouragement would help as well as more feedback as to what we were doing right rather than just wrong.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good company with a solid offer for employees

Claims Processor (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsDecent Wages, Flexible hours, and very good insurence. Ten holiday a year. 3 weeks PTO to for new hires. The work is work and as such not terribly enjoyable but the benifits more then make up for it. They even have a program to let employees who meet certain standards work from home.

ConsVery demanding goals. Most of them are reasonalbe but a few seem to be stricter then is neccessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think for the most part things are heading in the right direction. They care about there customers opinions. The have high standards for there employees but most are not unreasonable. They have a fairly comprehensive training style that combines a class like atmosphere and on the job training.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group reviews and ratings in Milwaukee, WI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UnitedHealth Group CEO Steve Hemsley. All reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees.