UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK

UnitedHealth Group President, CEO, and Director Steve Hemsley

Steve Hemsley

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very professional, communication level, training and support top notch.

MEDICARE ADVISOR (Current Employee)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

ProsWorking here provides an opportunity to see what the corporate world really wants and needs from an employee. It is very interesting to see how and why things are done as a proven track system in order to achieve success.

ConsI held an independent 1099 position; with all communication thru email and secure messages; there was no in person interaction; all meetings were done thru Citrix for the most part; it really was not a negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership team is well trained, very supportive and professional. United actually has training retreats for their management team to enhance a positive and knowledgeable environment.

Helping everyone live healthier lives except the Employees

Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFree covered parking. Fair pay for entry level positions.

ConsThere is a demand for "mandatory overtime". The attendance policy is such that I worked for 3 days before going to the doctor to find out I had H1N1. When I called in on Monday to say I wouldn't be in, my boss told me that it would be counted against me on my attendance and adherence because it is January. I came to work anyway (sorry for spreading my illness) Customer service is less important that how fast you take a call. If a customer has deep issues regarding their medications, you must rush them off the phone because the clock is ticking. The rewards they give for a job well done are things you would expect in a junior high school; candy, pizza and such. If you have a sick child, you are not allowed to take time off to care for their needs. You must work, unless you are lucky to be employed in California where the laws protect parents who need to care for their sick children.

Great company with cutting edge technology and wonderful growth potential.

Quality Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Compensation
Sr. Leadership
Lack of Communication
Hiring Practices

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group reviews and ratings in Oklahoma City, OK — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UnitedHealth Group CEO Steve Hemsley. All reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees.