Unitrends Reviews

Work for the Best of the Best

Current Employee - Channel Sales  in  Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Channel Sales in Brea, CA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work in an environment where your not only challenged to be the best but work for people who encourage you to get there. Management cares about numbers, don't get me wrong, but they also want you to be successful. Everyone here brings their A game and its not for the timid.

Cons

You will work harder here then any job you have ever had. With that brings some sacrifices that you have to make.

Don't change a thing. Good talent makes everyone rise to be the best.

Not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Customer Support  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Unitrends full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Unitrends has experienced tremendous growth which, in return, requires tremendous people. The culture is fast-paced with tons of opportunity for personal growth as the company continues to grow. This gives those who are willing and able to perform at a high-level endless opportunities. The environment can be stressful, maintaining a successful and growing company takes a lot of hard work.

Cons

This company is not for mid-level talent or those who choose not to bring their "A" game everyday. The work is rewarding and top performers are rewarded richly but mediocrity does not produce high gain in this environment. If you want to work here, be ready to put your work boots on and get ready for a world of opportunity.

Keep on keeping on. A great company is built from great strategy and great people, both of which management is committed to maintaining for Unitrends. Don't loose this focus with continued success and growth.

Interview with Unitrends

Current Employee - Evaluation Engineer  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Evaluation Engineer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Unitrends full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very nice company. Staff seems very dedicated to their positions and the company direction.

Cons

The only downside is its in Columbia SC. I'm not the biggest fan of Columbia, but the company is great.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Growing Company with a Great Product and an Exceptional Culture.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time for more than a year

Pros

Backup and Recovery is a great place to be right now. The industry was dominated by Backup Exec for years, but their strangle hold has vanished due to their inability to move from a D2T focus to a more modern D2D2X(Disk, Cloud, Tape). The result is a wide open market with huge portion of customers unhappy with their current solution. Unitrends fits nicely into the space with one of the most robust products at one of the lower price points. Management has invested heavily in providing the sales staff with the tools they need to hit their goals which are aggressive, but reachable. The overall culture in the office is strong. The one star reviews are spread over last year, but must have been employees in 2011 (the year the office was opened) if culture or poor management was a concern.

Cons

Sales is Sales, which means that stress will always be a factor. The vast majority of Account Managers that have left have gone on to non-sales positions which generally means that it wasn't the company, but rather the role they didn't like. If you don’t enjoy sales then you likely will not make it, but if you do then you have a very good shot at making decent money.

Keep up the good work. Keep investing in your employees. Keep promoting from within. Keep investing in the product.

Amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Unitrends full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, unparalleled benefits, and the greatest employee appreciation I've seen. Relationship with upper management is very intimate and open-door. I've never been employed anywhere I've gotten to sit down personally with the CEO and discuss the company's goals, challenges, and issues. Needless to say I was moved and appreciative to have this opportunity at Unitrends.

Cons

I can't think of one con about working at Unitrends.

Keep doing what you are doing. The amount of employee appreciation and recognition makes it very easy to give this company my all! I look forward to the exciting growth and opportunity that awaits both Unitrends and myself in the near future.

I love this company

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am in sales and love the energy
    Customers love the product
    We have great engineers

Cons

growing fast, so can be stressfull

Keep up the great work

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Pro  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Pro in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to begin or continue your sales career. Very sales oriented culture. Fast paced environment with focus of winning against the competition. No limits in commissions and company is expanding due to triple digit growth.
    Senior management team is committed to making this a success and driving high performaning culture.
    Love the spiffs and contests.

Cons

If you are not up for a challenge - my advice is do not apply ....you will wash out. If you look at the poor reviews, it's all the people who didn't make the cut.....nothing wrong with those folks but they have moved on and unitrends continues to post awesome results.
    Sales management is very focused on exceeding revenue targets...so daily accountability is expected.

Continue to invest in our growth - because of extremely high growth- growing pains will occur.
    Love the new logo!
    We need more high quality per and post sales support. We have a great team , do not compromise , continue to hire the best and brightest......!

Do not believe your eyes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I worked at Unitrends full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

South Carolina is generally good place to live, even you are Unitrends employee.

Cons

Looks like salaries shown are fake. I had twice less at my position than the Glassdor says.

Do not cheat people on internet.

Amazing training, support, and team-like culture !

Current Employee - Sales Development  in  Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Unitrends for 3 months now. Being the first job I've had in IT, the engineers, managers, and fellow teammates have been there to offer help and guidance in every way. The culture is energetic and motivating which is extremely helpful in a sales role.

Cons

Sales Development requires a lot of hard work and determination. If you are not self-motivated, this job is not for you.

Nice place to work and gain valuable experience

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, SC

I worked at Unitrends full-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers are very personable and easy to work with, and the majority of the staff were friendly

Cons

Can be very stressful at times

Worked for Unitrends? Contribute to the Community!