Unitrends Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Quick, nimble and fast paced

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Unitrends full-time

Pros

Awesome and helpful developers and engineers with varied industry experience. Very talented and inspiring people who help you achieve the best you can under their guidance. Awesome products lineup will boost the company revenue for sure.

Cons

From engineering perspective: There is very little importance given to testing and quality assurance. QA team is very small and needs upgrading and proper training. New strategies should be used to sustain growth probably with use of agile methodologies rather than using age old waterfall model.

Advice to Management

Good Job with Sales and Support . Need more investment in engineering especially in testing and QA. If you don't have well tested products you will always get complaints from pissed off customers and probably lose some of them as well.

Fast paced organization

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Unitrends

Pros

Learned a lot here about sales, operations, industry standards, partnerships, contracts, negotiations, business travel, corporate structure, meeting protocol and developed an amazing network as a result.

Cons

As expected with this role, long hours are required to meet growth expectations

3. Growing company

I have been working at Unitrends

Pros

A sales-oriented organization. Salespeople can do very well.

Cons

Difficult to move from one department to another.

Fast paced, lots of growth

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Phila, PA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're paid well and your performance is recognized and compensated. Lots of room for growth and promotions are merit based. Very competitive products which are not too difficult to sell.

Cons

As with most tech jobs, you will be required to put in a lot of hours to meet and exceed quota. This is more a reflection of the industry and not this job/company in particular.

Not sure what it wants to be

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unitrends has decent technology and a substantial customer base to sell more to, and expand from - not a fly-by-night, 1-trick pony. Acquisitions and the original corporate strategy for 2014 set Unitrends on a decent path to be unique provider in the market place (cloud, virtual, aaS, not just appliance backup). Some of the exec team are really good - empowering the teams below them, and encouraging them to stand up and have an opinion, to think outside the box, and focus on the best way forward for Unitrends.

Cons

The rest of the exec team (which unfortunately is most of it), have spent years encouraging the entire company to not plan, jump at a passing thought, or not have faith in their own beliefs and prior experiences. A few people made reference to a frat house, and new hires coming from a single company - both absolutely true - stifling.

Advice to Management

There is significant and valid experience in the company that is not being allowed to bring Unitrends to the top. The "way it's been done" for the past 5 years, or how it was done at the A company, probably is not the right way to do it going forward. Remember you have a full portfolio - you're not just an appliance company anymore - that impacts ASP, time to close, marketing, PSO, training. Decide what Unitrends wants to be when it grows up, and let it get there - plan for it, take the bumps and move forward.

Fast food support

I worked at Unitrends (More than a year)

Pros

There's never an empty or dull moment; there's always someone to call or email. You get free snacks and drinks all day.If you get good customer reviews, you can make 'bonus' money

Cons

The company offers very little training for all the products that you're expected to support. Employees are expected to work long hours and be willing to have their hours changed with short notice. Incompetent leadership that only cares about 'how many served' and the illusion of real customer support.

8. Unitrends rocks

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the high paced culture and new office

Cons

typical growth pains with a high growth company

Advice to Management

stay focused on the people and culture

Unitrends has challenged me to grow in my sales career and has supported me through every step.

Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a good culture and Management is working hard to maintain it even as we grow and change. I've been with Unitrends for over 3 years and there are a few key things that keep me working here. * Product sells and we are growing consistently. This is the biggie! * Management never changes comp plans in the middle of the year. They encourage us to make more money * They give people the opportunity to grow in career. They invest in training as well. * They listen to us when we have concerns to share * They support reps as they build their business instead of being quick to lay off * There are added incentives such as quarterly Spiffs which encourage healthy competition and team building

Cons

* Product management sometimes makes decisions to change things without consulting with sales or doing proper due diligence * HR support could improve a bit but I know they are constantly working on it.

10. Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Unitrends full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced and challenging. Never bored, never a dull moment. It's fun working with some of the most talented developers on the planet. Time off accrues faster than I can take it. Plenty of holidays, flexible hours, excellent compensation. Great group of folks to work with.

Cons

Sometimes work/life balance can be difficult. No matching 401K program.

Advice to Management

Love the direction the company is taking! Matching 401k along with better investment options would be a huge benefit.

A pleasant experience, with a great company

I have been working at Unitrends

Pros

I've always enjoyed working with Unitrends and went from a customer to an employee, enjoying the culture and prominent transparency they've provided to work with upper management on any issue. It's a great place to work, with lots of free food, benefits, and spiffs, and I truly enjoy working there.

Cons

Development is underfunded for a lot of project and documentation tends to be lacking, especially on troubleshooting.

RSS Feed </> Embed