Unity Care Group, Inc.

Unity Care Group, Inc. Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

my experience has been amazingly helpful in all areas that have to do with business.

Receptionist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI dedicate volunteer time to this non-profit to be able assist our at risk youth in Santa Clara county.

Consno comment at the time. thank you

Enormous turnover. Prepare to lose your job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWe help foster teens prepare for a better life, and the direct-care staff members truly do care about the kids. My coworkers were wonderful.

ConsTop management's unrealistic expectations are not achieveable by any rational measure. Gives lip service to "values."

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic.

Wonderful coworkers; strange expectations from mgmt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1. UCG's employees care deeply about the foster kids we care for. 2. All the people I worked with were very well qualified for their jobs. 3. Very worthwhile cause.

ConsUpper management had unrealistic expectations about what an individual worker can accomplish. Very few encouraging words from top management; mostly negative feedback. No succession planning. Frequent changes in top management's direction caused significant waste.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's better not to insult your workers in front of their peers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Unity Care Group is a company that every employee feels good about the contribution they are making on a daily basis

Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsEach employees actions have an opportunity to make a positive impact on a young persons life.

ConsIt's a non-profit; salaries have a tough time competing in Silicon Valley

Advice to Senior ManagementGrant more autonomy to let employees do their job.

Love my coworkers, love my job, but it's a revolving door.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsMy coworkers and I are sincerely dedicated to helping foster teens improve their lives, and a lot of very competent people work here. The pay is fair for most positions, and health insurance starts the first day of employment.

ConsPeople are over-worked and under-appreciated. Turnover is huge because firings are quite frequent. Think you have a permanent job here? Think again.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you treat your people with kindness, they'll work even harder than they already are. Threatening us with job loss is demoralizing. Also, give us the time and resources we need to do our work properly.

Worked for Unity Care Group, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!