Unity Health Care

Vincent A. Keane

Job Summary

Administrator (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

Proswork life balance, benefits, serving underserved community, promoting health awareness, giving back to the community

Conslack of good pay, no room to really grow and exceed

Random and all over the place

Washington, DC

ProsMet a couple of nice people.

ConsMgt is unknowledgeable about business practices, policies and execution. Everyone in mgt thinks they know but have no specialized certifications that prove they have learned anything and can actually apply it to anything. Everything is based on emotion and random concepts. It's ran like a mom and pop shop versus a corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to actually take credit for their own work, versus trying to tag alone as if you had an influence because you're the senior level person. Trust those who are the specialists in their field to actually do their work, versus being led by "old practices" like you're a mom & pop shop. Quit being afraid to make people accountable for their actions versus letting everyone get away with everything because "we want to treat you well". Focus on what matters and not the petty things, e.g. focus on results not superficial concepts that doesn't help anything.

Not for the faint of heart...

Physician, Family Medicine (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsLargest organization for working with the underserved in Washington, D.C. If this is your passion then you may find it very rewarding

ConsCommunication is poor between employees and management. Turnover is quite high, most providers stay with the organization out of a contractual obligation to the National Health Service Corps. The management seems to rely on this system for its staffing, rather than focusing on retention. So, most providers leave after their required years are up. Clinics are understaffed and underresourced simply due to lack of communication/organization. Feedback mechanisms are either not in place, or operate unprofessionally.
    My training and previous work experience focused on indigent care, which I loved, but after this experience I was so dejected and burned out I decided to move into the private sector.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on what would keep providers in place rather than relying on the constant influx of NHSC staff. Current attitudes give the impression that we are indentured servants rather than committed providers of care to the underserved.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Positive

ProsMission, visions, growth and work environmenr

Conssalaries not up to par

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaeries to real world figures

Worked for Unity Health Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unity Health Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unity Health Care CEO Vincent A. Keane. All reviews posted anonymously by Unity Health Care employees.