Univenture

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ross O. Youngs

6 years of ups and downs

Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsWorking at an off-site location gave us the ability to work in a relaxed environment. Good ballance of travelling as needed to meet with clients and prospecting by telephone.

ConsManagement constantly switches accounts around. Regardless of how hard you worked to bring in an account and build a relationship, it will be taken from you soon. After being given an assistant and training her, half of our accounts will be given to her when she gets promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the products that make the most profit as opposed to those you think are hip (vinyl vs poly). Let the reps own their accounts. If they get too many accounts to handle alone, that's good. Give them a CSR and let them development more accounts without taking their commission away.

Meh.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe staff was knowledgeable staff and seemed genuinely interested in the products being sold.

ConsThere were often unrealistic expectations from management, constantly changing direction, and unclear feedback.

Sink or Swim!

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGreat sales manager and support within the sales team.
    Products have a place in the market

ConsTook me a few months to understand the processes which also kept changing on a regular basis. NO support from management. They were so busy working on other company projects mainly AlgaeVenture that Marketing never gave support in helping with generating new leads. Wasn't surprised they closed 2 other locations and laid off reps. Its all up to you to ":Google" to find new leads in between playing as a csr and referee when mfg or shipping doesn't want to do their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to have a sales team and marketing team then utilitize them both. Marketing should be focusing on the B2B market instead of consumers. Seem everytime sales requested something we were told they were too busy designing websites or on an AlgaeVenture project. How many do you need?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Creative & dynamic technologically but backward from a HR perspective

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Marysville, OH

ProsThe leadership is very open to innovation and creative ideas that can make money. The Entrepreneurial spirit in the company is strong.

ConsThe company's financial constraints and organizational structure make it hard at times to get the things done that you would like to do.

Fun while it lasted

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsThere are a wide variety of skills involved. As a sales person of manufactured plastic packaging and marketing supplies, you are very involved in design, decoration, and shipping. This gives a sales person much to learn and breaks up the monotony of making one call after another.

ConsTwo facilities closed without warning, putting all employees out of work. This definitely tops the list of cons at this company. Looking back, the company has a long history of downsizing and shifting jobs to China.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo all out in a specific filed. If you are going to make binders, be the best binder maker. If you are going to make envelopes, go all out. Print the components and fulfill the mailings. Master at something.
    Consider establishing a fund to pay for retraining of the long-term employees that you let go.

Worked for Univenture? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Univenture reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Univenture CEO Ross O. Youngs. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Univenture employees.