Univers Workplace Solutions

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gregory J. Morano

Great company to work for.

ProsI have been with this company for over 10 years and it has truly been a great place to work. If you are willing to put in the extra effort you will be rewarded. There is a lot of room for creativity and growth potential.

ConsMake the tough decisions even though it may not make everybody happy.

Avoid this place like the Plague!

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNice Office, Ok Benefits

ConsPay is extremely low, No bonuses, No merit increases, Senior Management does not even show up for work for weeks at a time, Gossip is horrific, LONG hours, true “Burn and Churn Em” environment, Benefit Counselors are paid lowest rate in industry,complete lack of care for hard working staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn our recent town hall meeting, our president addressed the reviews on this site and stated that they are from “past employees” and do not represent our company. This could not be farther from the truth. I currently work here and strongly feel the reviews accurately reflect what is going on here. This place is going down fast!

Stop making so many destructive choices for this company—if you keep up on the same path you are on now, this place is not going to make it another year!

If you are considering working here…RUN! The reviews are dead-on!

Staff Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsCommunication materials (however outdated). Freeway close, by Irvine Spectrum so great shopping and restaurants at lunch or after work. Office facilities are nice. Lots of parking, free WIFI outside and time to take walks in business park.

ConsDime Store environment. No salary increases OR bonus. Unethical practices, senior leadership, is shady, openly racist. Some office staff bully others and this goes unaddressed. You cannot polish this turd. Toxic negative environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe talented members see the writing on the wall, we are moving on. Lesser talent or downwardly mobile members are bitter. Clean house.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I come to work at Univers because of the Company reputation and strength.

Benefit Counselor (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsThey put quality service before profit.

ConsInformation will follow after I read the most recent article on the subject.

Advice to Senior ManagementInformation to follow

Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship!

Irvine, CA

ProsExcellent relationship with coworkers (truly your extended family), relaxed dress code, beautiful office, adequate medical coverage, management at local office is wonderful, summer flex schedule.

ConsNJ corporate office is extremely out of touch with reality, NJ office Gossip is out of control, lack of care for hard-working staff, uneducated individuals making major company decisions, no cost of living increases, no bonus payouts, merit increases are few and far between, company continues throws money at “projects” that never materialize or bring benefit to staff or clients, policies and procedures change on a daily basis, excessive workload which makes it impossible to service clients in an effective and professional manner, always a lack of tools to complete your job duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have worked for this company for many years now. When I started here, this organization truly had amazing potential to change the benefit administration world. We really changed the lives of our clients, one enrollment at a time, and we did so as a team. We were innovative and without a doubt the leader in the Benefit Administration marketplace. It was a joy to come to work and Monday’s were never difficult.

Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. This company is crumbling at an unsustainable pace. Corporate leadership is so out of touch with reality, it would take someone walking on water to fix it. Our newly hired president is uneducated about our business and keeps making destructive business decisions for the entire company. It would have been a better investment for our company’s future, if you went to the local zoo and invested in two monkeys. If this is allowed to continue, our company will without a doubt lose its already rocky presence in the marketplace, and eventually be forced to close all company doors.

It also would be VERY beneficial to invest in a Human Resource Team who actually knows labor and employment laws and has the desire to follow them.

As soon as I find another job, I’m out. I will definitely not be the last either. I genuinely hope someone cares enough to stop the destructive path this organization is on. We used to be an untouchable leader in our industry…. Those days are LONG GONE!!

UniWorst Workplace Pollution

ProsAt least I have a job - for now.

ConsLots of gossip, closed doors and lip service.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop polishing your act for next years Oscars! Tell us what is REALLY happening to this company!

Good pay for the season

Enrollment (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThe pay is good for licensed agents. better for spanish speakers. Travel is cool.

ConsIt's seasonal. Training could be improved. Brochures sent to ee's of clients were misinformed and layed out bad making my job harder.

Advice to Senior ManagementLay out plans better. Have more cases. I really can't complain because they were fair.

Is a great concept but the the way the business is run need's some work

Benefit Specialist (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsHas great pay and fun people to work with

ConsBad communication, bad organization with communication and scheduling

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better staff

Only if you don't have any other option

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible work hours, nice office, good location, okay pay and benefits.

ConsIncopetent employees, especially Benefit Specialists, unclear promotion path, very long hours, including weekend, some backstabbing by immature employees, some top management plays favorites and is innapriopriate (racist jokes etc), talented employees leave and the ones that are mediocre stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect everybody, don't gossip about your own employees, be professnal, hire competent people and pray for them to stay!

Good enough to gain experience.

Hammonton, NJ

ProsGreat work life balance. Good work environment. Good benefits.

ConsNo career path for those wanting to move up. A lot of nepotism. Advancement is from who you know vs your talent. Pay is below standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe on the lookout for those that are worth keeping or you'll soon realize you've lost a precious resource.

Worked for Univers Workplace Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Univers Workplace Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Univers Workplace Solutions CEO Gregory J. Morano. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Univers Workplace Solutions employees.