Universal Health Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Universal Health Services Chairman, President, and CEO Alan B. Miller

Alan B. Miller

Pros
  • good pay good benefits good perks (in 3 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits, and the opportunity to work with some of the most challenging behavioral disorders in children and adolescents (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate; high complaint rate from residents (in 4 reviews)

• Patient care and employee satisfaction distant 3rd and 4th (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Night shift

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Bradenton, FL

ProsTeam environment, great benefits, and opportunities for overtime

ConsVery little help, when census drops and there is high acuity there is no consideration for staffing

Advice to Senior Managementstaff by acuity

Good company, lots of opportunity for employment in Las Vegas area

Staff RN (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsGood benifits, good learning experience for most.

ConsThis is not a good place for new grads. Please go to acute care hospital first for a year. Management tends to try to cater to the newer nurses, even though those hired for their experience, are over looked for supervisory positions.

Only cares about the bottom line (money and filling beds) and not the employee.

Liaison (Current Employee)

ProsI honestly can just say it's a job.

ConsBenefits are horrible and constantly get cut. Only care about filling beds and how to profit from whose in them.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should focus more on your employees. Happier work environment and perks make for better workers; therefore a better company. Look at Google.

Increase salaries to be competitive with your competition.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

accountant

Accounting (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsStandard benefits, no promotion potential, leadership is male oriented and at times a bullying attitude.

ConsTraining was non existent. They basically hire you and you are reliant on your co-workers to tell you where to find the information to do your job. They expect you to show up by 7 am and stay til after 6 pm although when hired you were told work hours were 9-5:30. Whe I left occasionally to pick up my son from daycare I would get a raised eyebrow although I worked 60+ hours weeks. Took sick leave once for 3 days and got 50 questions....personally intrusive. Also told I couldn't use sick leave to take care of my sick 18 month old son. Hired at $53k which isn't enough to live on with my student loans coming due in a couple months. Been there a year with no review or any promise of a raise. Actively looking for a a better job that offers monetary incentives.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough $53k might be an acceptable starting salary it is insufficient to meet even basic living cost considering student loans, rent, a very modest car payment($200), and daycare expenses. Employee reviews should be conducted with clear goals and also convey the potential for financial rewards. One 3 day sick leave request in over a year of employment should not cause management concern and excuse offensive personal questions. Management should not be surprised by the employee turnover they have caused.

good place

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosgood pay good benefits good perks

Consstressful
    High turnover
    Poor Training
     Too much change

Good Psychiatric Hospital

Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThis hospital has a good sense of team work.

ConsOccasional low census. When this happens they send home employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep census up so employees do not lose pay.

Great company

ProsThis company is great to their employees

ConsSometimes not room for growth

Do not work here!

Project Management (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

Prosthe building has Air conditioning...that's it.

ConsThis place has no respect for the employees. Everything is about the bottom line and how much bonuses the managers/directors can squeeze in. The PTO days are very little and there is no compassion for anyone. People are rather insensitive and nobody really cares about anyone here.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some management skills by informing employees of chances before making massive chances last minute without anyone's input and downgrading job descriptions.

Not a good company

Senior Leader (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are decent.

ConsThey want you to believe they care about patients. What they truly protect is the business office at the expense of patients and staff. Facilities that produce receive capital for safety and cosmetic needs. those facilities that need it the most GET NOTHING!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your hands dirty and go visit the facilities. Listen to the staff on the ground. The corporate office know little about what is happening at the local level.

Dead end job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

Prosthe people that I worked with were the salt of the earth

Consno advancement opportunity at all. very little challenge at the job.

Worked for Universal Health Services? Contribute to the Community!