Universal Orlando Resort

Universal Orlando Resort Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Universal Orlando Resort CEO Bill Davis

Bill Davis

Pros
  • Free admission to SeaWorld & Busch Gardens (but not free parking)(in 17 reviews)

• Lots of free entertainment with access to the theme parks(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay and (some) management with no real experience(in 12 reviews)

• part timers, who can easily work full time hours year round get NOTHING(in 9 reviews)

Awesome!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat experience, great team! They make you feel welcomed and like you have a real purpose. Even as a contractor, I felt as though the team really counted on me and trusted me to get the job done.

ConsNone that I could list. Truly enjoyed the experience.

Good place to work.

Actor (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI worked in entertainment, so it was pretty cooshy. Actor A salary was good for the time.

ConsSchedules can be weird, and management was hit or miss.

Awesome

Attraction Attendant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsReally fun to interact with guests in character, makes the day seem less about work and more about fun.

ConsGuests can sometimes be the most horrible people you've met, and it can sometimes effect your entire day/week.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love this company

Merchandise Team Captain (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsSo much room for advancement

ConsThe uniforms, locker room and parking

My experience was great.

Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsLots of hours, friendly people, good mangers, decent pay, weekly pay

Consall the tourists, tons of walking in the blazing sun

Fantastic people to work with!

Turnstile Attendant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI really like the enthusiasm of my co workers at the park. They make my work day enjoyable. Hard work is noticed and acknowledged with Way To Go cards, Applause cards and positive write ups for above average job performance.

ConsSometimes the extreme heat or cold if you work outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Would recommend anyone to work here

Proscompany has great benefits, and maintains a fun and fast paced working environment.

Conspay scale is lower than that of comparable jobs outside of the theme park

Advice to Senior Managementmake pay more competitive, to make current employees want to stay rather than look elsewhere for employment.

I love it.

Attraction Attendant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFree Ticket, Personal Growth, Time-Off, Free Admission to other Theme Parks & Safe Work Place

ConsTraining, Earn Promotion, Benefits, 90 Days & To become Full Time

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are the best

I enjoyed my time working for the attractions at Universal.

Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsMost supervisors are kind and understanding, and always talk to you on a close personal basis. Free access to the parks, amazing food behind the attractions that the employees get to enjoy. Small amount of free tickets for your friends. Fun, outgoing atmosphere if you work on one of the attractions. I personally saw employees around me work their way up into better opportunities from within the company. At peak seasons you have plenty of hours to work.

ConsSome attractions are outside work, in the hot Florida sun. At peak seasons the park fills up with an enormous amount of people, and can become overwhelming to deal with. At low points of the year, it feels empty and you may not get as many hours to work as you need. When getting uniforms for your attraction and changing into them every day, you may be far from where your actual attraction is, so you need to get there earlier than your starting time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, I didn't find anything wrong really. Just make sure to keep listening to input from your fellow employees.

Great Opportunities

Bartender (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsPlenty of opportunities to grow within the company
    Lunch is provided and it is actually pretty good
    Really easy to make good friends

ConsYour always busy so be ready to work but it makes the day go by fast
    Not much else bad to say about the place

Worked for Universal Orlando Resort? Contribute to the Community!