Universal Orlando Resort Reviews

Reset
3.5
Universal Orlando Resort CEO Bill Davis
Bill Davis

Pros
  • Free admission for other parks as well as very good benefits (in 20 reviews)

• The pay is also not bad for an hourly theme park position (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay and (some) management with no real experience (in 12 reviews)

• There is not a lot of growth available, the hours are very minimum because there are a ton of full-time employees there that get dibs on hours (in 10 reviews)

1. Great experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort

Pros

Universal Orlando is the NO.1 world entertainment destination. It was very exciting to see people hang out there happily with friends / families during their vacations or holidays.

Cons

It could be very tiring during holidays and vacations. When people enjoy their vacations in your work place, you can only see them happy and help them enjoy more.

Advice to Management

It was a great place to start a career in entertainment industry. You will better understand what leadership and teamwork are.

2. Good place to have my first job at.....

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort

Pros

-Team work( we all work as a team and I find it easy to rely on others for help) - Pay can be advanced through job performance (ex. I went from $7.25 to $8.19 an hour within one year) -Advancement is possible -Lots of variety in jobs within the company - A lot of benefits such as financial aid for college or health insurance

Cons

-Days can drag on -Guests can be very rude and nasty at times - Weather conditions change rapidly and the heat can get you sick -Management sometimes does not quite understand what the hourlies have to go through and they can often be misunderstood -Job can be very exhausting and monotonous

Advice to Management

Please make sure your team members are one hundred percent happy with what you are doing in your area. You will have a tougher time dealing with angry employees than you will to make the adjustments so they can be happy and willing to work for you.

3. Great experience, was very sad to have to leave!

Former Employee - Senior Interviewer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Interviewer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort

Pros

Great work experience; very environmentally friendly; fun atmosphere; free park admission; amazing benefits, including discounts nearly everywhere in the Orlando area

Cons

Poor, petty, unprofessional behavior amongst team leads. I was hired as a lead and caught a LOT of attitude from other leads as well as the people we led. They made judgements before even asking where I came from or what type of experience I have. I was OVERQUALIFIED for the job and they treated me like I didn't deserve to be hired as a lead. Pathetic!

Advice to Management

Stop the catty, unprofessional behavior amongst your employees, especially leads. That type of behavior should not be rewarded with promotions. Know your staff better, take the time to get to know them!

5. Happy to be a team member @GCC (Not parks).

Current Employee - Sales-GCC (Call Center) in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales-GCC (Call Center) in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free movie previews. Insurance for PT. Free food often. Enjoy the people there. They hire fun/happy people. I love everyone there. Free park access. Get to sell fun not something boring like insurance or something. All management at GCC is helpful and sweet and I don't feel "outcasted" or "beneath" them as an individual. I haven't had a job in a while and I'm so glad they didn't look at that. They looked at my personality. I really enjoy my job.

Cons

Small break room. No onsite food cafe or anything.

Advice to Management

Maybe move into bigger building? Otherwise, nothing yet. They are always trying to improve something for us and I applaud that.

6. Great place to work

Former Employee - Security in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Security in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it's like having a theme park at your disposal. The perks were great. Get to me people from all over the world and also meet celebrities. Halloween Horror Nights, Mardi Gras, Rock the Universe were great events. Great concerts.

Cons

The summer time was brutal and the afternoon rain showers could be bad and flood the parks out.

Advice to Management

Management was great.

7. One of the best jobs I've had

Former Employee - SALES COUNSLER in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - SALES COUNSLER in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, can be a bit clicky, but if you are good at your job, you'll have no worries.

Cons

Vacations Sales should be commissioned, this would increase the motivation of the reps.

Advice to Management

Commission!

8. Really enjoyable experience

Current Employee - Vacation Planner in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Vacation Planner in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work where everyone comes to enjoy their day. Management was well trained and treated their direct reports well with an open ear and respect.

Cons

The time that you must take too I up your uniform and change is not factored in to the length of your workday. Gotta build it in as communing time. Because you don't actually clock in until you reach your department

9. Way too much fun

Current Employee - Specail Events Guide in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Specail Events Guide in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Never know what I'll be doing or experiencing every day. Management is joyful and supportive. Love my job as Special events.

Cons

The pay is low. That is really the biggest drawback, we work very hard and get little pay. Oh and also there is a lot of walking, average of 3 miles a day on concrete. But the parades are so much fun, physically ache when I get off.

Advice to Management

Keep smiling and promoting us. Love how they tell us what a great job we did, almost every event.

10. Great place to work. No issues, Universal works hard in implemeting the highest standards of Guest Service.

Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team work. Advancement within the company. A place of employment that encourages one another to develop the hights quality of Guest Service skills.

Cons

No cons to repeot. That would be negative feedback and Universal has always been uplifting and caring.

Advice to Management

N/A

11. Awesome atmosphere, long shifts

Former Employee - Attractions Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Attractions Attendant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting in to the park for free is a HUGE benefit. For the most part, the training was entertaining. The days of your hands on training is phenomenally structured. You spend a lot of time colleague to colleague.

Cons

I was "part-time" but over the holidays I had a week where I was scheduled for 35 hours, ended the week with 58 hours. Usually understaffed so the rotations and breaks are short, sometimes you ONLY get lunch.

RSS Feed </> Embed