Universal Orlando Resort

Universal Orlando Resort Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Universal Orlando Resort CEO Bill Davis

Bill Davis

Pros
  • Free admission to SeaWorld & Busch Gardens (but not free parking)(in 17 reviews)

• Lots of free entertainment with access to the theme parks(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay and (some) management with no real experience(in 12 reviews)

• part timers, who can easily work full time hours year round get NOTHING(in 9 reviews)

Great, fun place to work!

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsWorking on the same lot where some of the coolest attractions are has to be one of the best experiences of all time. I loved my job, what I did, and the interaction with guests from all around the world! It was a great experience and one that I'll cherish forever.

ConsDifficult work/life balance in higher positions. People that have been there for a very long time have no accountability standards - they basically get to do what they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold staff accountable. Don't add people for the sake of adding people - add people and hold them accountable to get the job done.

Awesome!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat experience, great team! They make you feel welcomed and like you have a real purpose. Even as a contractor, I felt as though the team really counted on me and trusted me to get the job done.

ConsNone that I could list. Truly enjoyed the experience.

Good place to work.

Actor (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI worked in entertainment, so it was pretty cooshy. Actor A salary was good for the time.

ConsSchedules can be weird, and management was hit or miss.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

Attraction Attendant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsReally fun to interact with guests in character, makes the day seem less about work and more about fun.

ConsGuests can sometimes be the most horrible people you've met, and it can sometimes effect your entire day/week.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Not enough hours

Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe people are pretty fun and relaxed. The pay isn't terrible I suppose.

ConsThere is not a lot of growth available, the hours are very minimum because there are a ton of full-time employees there that get dibs on hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to schedule people more and be more lenient on shift taking/switching

Great growth and development opportunity for someone just out of school

Associate Representative (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe culture here is fantastic, as are the people. The large majority are willing to help a young professional develop their skills and reach their goals so long as that individual asks. The perks associated with the resort are great as well.

ConsCompensation here is on the extremely low end of the spectrum. While recognition and perks are great, compensation is king, and Universal isn't fully ready to realize that yet.

Fast paced work enviroment

Stocker (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsBenefits are amazing, get to see famous people once in a while.

ConsNever an easy day, tourism never stops

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter work-life balance needed

A great company where the pros outweigh the cons

Guest Services Coordinator (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat co-workers and challenging/rewarding work. The pay is also not bad for an hourly theme park position. Pretty good benefits even for part-time employees. The training was excellent and I felt completely ready for my first day alone. Also great that UO has really started to get the rightful reputation of a world class theme park.

ConsManagement doesn't always back you up when you have used your "empowered" authority and made a decision on how to resolve a guest situation. They also make it difficult to get full-time status but will work you full-time hours and more.

Love this company

Merchandise Team Captain (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsSo much room for advancement

ConsThe uniforms, locker room and parking

My experience was great.

Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsLots of hours, friendly people, good mangers, decent pay, weekly pay

Consall the tourists, tons of walking in the blazing sun

Worked for Universal Orlando Resort? Contribute to the Community!