Universal Orlando Resort Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Been There for a long time

Pros

Good Benefits. You get into the parks for free, which is cool.

Cons

Constant change of Management. Guests can be difficult. The company really doesn't care about you as you're only a number to them.

2. Stocker (Harry Potter).

Current Employee - Stocker in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Base pay isn't bad. -Benefits are pretty good. -Usually a fun and entertaining work environment.

Cons

-Way too much is expected of you for the amount you're paid. -Management will "micro-manage" you. -Working with other employees who take their job way too seriously. -Management picks their favorites for promotion. -Not everyone is disciplined the same way. -Management will continuously lie to you about promotion and your "career".

Advice to Management

I think that you should expect less of your employees or pay us more. I mean why should we do 3x the work of a sales associate but all get paid the same? If you don't wanna pay us more then calm down. We work at a theme park it's not that serious of a job.

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort part-time

Pros

Decent pay, free park admission, and other minor benefits that really come in handy when living in Orlando.

Cons

Management doesn't have a clue what they are doing- they're always messing up team member's schedules and some are extremely unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Get organized and get rid of some managers that don't take their job seriously, and are extremely unprofessional on and off the clock.

5. Universal Cares About Their Team Members

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and Fun Perks

Cons

no visible tattoos allowed, wish this policy wasn't so old school

Advice to Management

Continue to take a genuine interest in the Team Members. We like to have our work and ideas valued by our management team.

6. Diagon Alley Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting people from all over the world, team member relationships, health insurance, tuition assistance, comp passes, paid time off, vacation hours, paid holidays

Cons

Hard to move up depending on area, working outside for long periods of time, open 365 days a year

Advice to Management

Have more one on ones with employees to recognize what career path they are working towards.

Valet Attendant

Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and support for the hard workers were great.

Cons

A pooled tip system allows for lazy people and the hard workers recieve little incentive to work harder.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the clock milkers and those who do not want to work.

8. Its a Theme Park

Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, really takes care of team members. Good benefits such as tuition assistance and crisis assistance. The company sponsors tons of fun activities through out the year. Lots of potential for movement.

Cons

Wages are a bit low compared to other jobs but the company is working on that and the benefits package makes up for it.

9. Lots of perks and discounts!

Pros

Free passes every quarter, free admission to Busch Gardens and Sea World, movie screenings, discounts for car repair, hotels, restaurants, on site pharmacy,etc. The list goes on and on!

Cons

The only downside is that the company is not unionized. If managers don't like you personally they get rid of you. I've seen it happen many times through the years. Also you must understand that you may be required to work all holidays especially if you're a new employee.

Advice to Management

I've seen managers come and go. My advice to them would be to remain fair and consistent with your employees. Every year TSAT (team member satisfaction) surveys are completed, and you don't want your team to rate you poorly.

10. Killing me slowly

Current Employee - Entertainment Escort
    Current Employee - Entertainment Escort

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits. The full time benefits are the only reason to stay with the company. Medical, eye, dental are all great and hard to find a company that will match such a package.

Cons

Working in Entertainment your management changes every six months so by the time one gets settled in they move them. The pay is deplorable for the amount of issues we have to deal with every day. Any individuality is wiped a way and you are just another corporate minion.

Advice to Management

The management changes so fast and so often that its pointless trying to give advice since it falls on deaf ears unless you are a favorite because this department is like being back in High School.

11. It's a lot like show business

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On the up side, your job can be pretty interesting on a day to day basis, and you can often see and meet celebrities. Also the health benefits are great and the perks are nice.

Cons

On the down side, much like show business, you'll only get ahead if you suck up to the right people. Plus it's an absurd amount of work for practically no pay, the annual raises are less than 5%, and the working conditions are often pretty rough.

RSS Feed </> Embed