Universal Orlando Resort Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Pretty hard work often, but not awful after a while

Former Employee - Stocker in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Stocker in Orlando, FL

Pros

Free access to the park, most coworkers were nice. There were typically pretty good with requesting time off as well.

Cons

Stockers had a surprising amount of work for such little pay (though this may have been different depending on where you were assigned). Lots of turnover. By the time I left after six months, I was a veteran.

2. Tread Carefully

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great creative atmosphere, long time industry veterans, good networking opportunities.

Cons

Very buddy system / clique oriented. If not "people savy," probably not the best fit.

Advice to Management

Communicate expectations clearly and directly to team member involved as soon as dissatisfaction with a team members job performance occurs

3. Sales associate

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time

Pros

Great perks, diverse work place, flexible with hours and easy to talk with immediate management

Cons

Difficult to move up out of department, guest always right even when wrong

5. Back to High School

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with decent perks and of course amazing entertainment, free acces to parks wih lots of comp tickets.

Cons

feels like I took a step back to my teenage years.... A lot of drama, especially due to the way they promote from within with the minions they try to create.

6. Attractions

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort part-time

Pros

Great perks if you're a theme park nerd.

Cons

Low pay, parking, & wardrobe.

7. Great for a first job, but do NOT move into leadership.

Former Employee - Team Lead
    Former Employee - Team Lead

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great company with a lot of growth opportunities. I'd always recommend it to someone who is looking for a summer job. I had a lot of great experiences and met some fantastic people.

Cons

Even though I had some great experiences, multiple negative things happened. After I was promoted, I was accused of doing multiple things I never did. I was wrongly counseled and not allowed to transfer or apply for anything in the company for six months. You'd think a company would encourage team member development. Instead I was stuck in my area and was refused opportunities to cross train. A team member made up a lie about something I said to him to try to get me in trouble. I understand people won't always like you, but what bothered me the most was how my manager handled the situation. They care more about cutting hours and saving money than the employees. I also had a former manager who had a development conversation with me and tried to pry information out of me to see if I was applying for other jobs (which I was, but I couldn't tell her).

Advice to Management

If an employee wants a different job outside of his or her department, encourage the employee to pursue the opportunity and not belittle him or her. Focus more on employees and guest service and less on cutting hours.

Great place for customer service experience!

Former Employee - Attraction Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Attraction Attendant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work with and meet people all over the world. It was wonderful being apart of their happy vacations and making a difference in their days. Also, if you have a good team together you become like family. I learned a lot working there and how to handle very stressful situations.

Cons

Some management have a tendency to talk down to employees. Caused great resentment within some areas. May have a incredibly mean guest that purposely wants to either fight or argue but that comes with any job. Remember they are open year round and will require you to work on pretty much all holidays. There is a lot of favoritism as well which is incredibly frustrating when you're someone who works 110% and others sit on their phones and pay little to no attention to guests.

Advice to Management

If you rose within the company, remember being in the shoes of those that are now below you. Just because you are superior in payroll doesn't give you the right to talk down to someone. Respect is given when received. If you are respectful and understanding, you will receive a more enthusiastic employee which in turn makes the employee treat guests with more respect and kindness. Negativity is the poison of a workplace, and one happy and respectful supervisor can make a true difference.

9. Good companyy

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time

Pros

It's a good place to work at, a lot of exposure and you can always try out new things. Good starting company.

Cons

Pay for internals. If you come from outside of the company, you get paid a lot more than someone moving up. it's actually kind of sad, that it's better if you leave, get more experience, and come back.

Advice to Management

Really take a look at the pay structure when it comes to internals and treat them fairly because this is an awesome place to work.

10. Basic min wage job

Pros

* Park perks and benefits * Flexible schedule

Cons

* Work can suck depending on area you work

11. Great company

Current Employee - Food Service Cashier
    Current Employee - Food Service Cashier

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay good hours great benefits

Cons

Management can be bad depending on where you work

Advice to Management

dont overlook hardworking employees

RSS Feed </> Embed