Universal Parks

Universal Parks Reviews

3.9

Universal Parks Chairman and CEO Tom Williams
Tom Williams

No. 1 Customer Service Provider in the WORLD!!!!!

Former Employee - Production Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Parks

Pros

Number one in the customer service industry. The skills and teamwork learned from working in this fast paced customer service interface will be used forever and ever beyond your tenor with the park. You will find that a lot of employees stay with Universal for a long time, I stayed with them for over 7 years and then went seasonal, I still keep in contact with everyone I have ever worked with and always look forward to going to work in such a fun environment.

Cons

Hot and rainy days in Florida weather, but you do get a nice suntan, they request you put on sunscreen if you work outside, but you still get a nice healthy tan...you know a farmers/golfers/etc...tan.

They have had my support with every decision they make.

Sexual Harassment in the Attractions department is being tolerated!

Current Employee - Front Line Team Member In Attractions in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Front Line Team Member In Attractions in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Parks

Pros

Fun place to work, good benefits and meet a diversity of people.

Cons

I am very concerned that for a company who places such importance on their values, they are allowing sexual harassment to be tolerated within the attractions department. I have had multiple interactions with my supervisor that were less than appropriate on their behalf both verbally and physically. I have shared my concerns with HR and was given lengthy questioning about this. However, it has been several weeks since and my supervisor continues the same behavior. I am not the only one who has been approached by this supervisor as other female team members have had similar interactions and voiced their concerns. Apparently, this has been a common thread with this individual supervisor for more than a year and yet nothing has been done and this individual continues their actions and is valued as one of the best leaders amongst fellow supervisors. How is this possible? This is complete negligence and something needs to be done immediately! I am not comfortable working with a leader nor company which allows this type of behavior.

I am not sure what I can say at this point since I have already shared my experiences and concerns about this individual with the proper authorities in HR and nothing has changed.