Universal Protection Service

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Steve Jones

Pros
  • The company is growing rapidly, increasing in size, revenue and client base (in 4 reviews)

• Friendly enviroment and hours are good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, unprofessional office employees, unprofessional post commanders (in 9 reviews)

• No paid time off, benefits don't meet Obama Care standards, no set schedule/odd hour (in 8 reviews)

1. Great stable career. For a job, not so

Current Employee - Security Guard in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service

Pros

I have been working for Universal Protection Service for over 2 years. My previous security company that I have worked for have merged and been bought out by the company. Many of which very recognized and talented directors and trainers have come on board and stayed with the company. They transitioned recently to a very green company so I havent worked with paper DARs in awhile. I work full time and havent had any problems working my post. If i have a problem, my scheduling manager assisted with transfers. There was an issue with travel distance and they accomidated with transfering me to a closer branch. Im 15 minutes away from where i work. They offer union accounts and many great benefits if you decide to make it into a career. Their equipments are up to date and the office branch will take care of what you'll need. They care about their employees if you care about the company. Do your job and stay out of trouble.

Cons

The wage is fair but salary hasn't changed for the employees for over two years. Unless you are on a union account or unless you get a promotion, it's likely you're stuck with what they offer you unless you have something more to bring to the table. There are a lot of unskilled security guards / officers who enter this company because it's so big. They are willing to hire if you meet basic requirements but you will be undergoing a 3 month evaluation so you cant demand what your schedule is unless you stay with them for a while. Some of the clients you will be working for have poor environments. I.E. community, working oudoors, pests.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Train your new guards better and follow up with them to make sure they know what they are doing. A pay raise incentive would be nice.

2. Very Highly impressed experience! A very highly regarded Nation wide Security Agency!

Current Employee - Security Officer in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great looking uniforms and duty posts are good! Training is top of the line!

Cons

No con's as far as I am currently concerned! Universal Protection management does a Terrific job at the Field Office I am assigned too!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work!

3. universal protection

Current Employee - Security Professional in Rio Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Security Professional in Rio Linda, CA

Pros

they'll give you the 40 hours a week
    health care coverage after 60 days
    provide uniforms at no cost

Cons

no up ward mobility
    low pay even with experience
    hard to get time off even if requested in advance
    have to work with people who don't want to do their jobs

Advice to Management

need to give more career opportunities to the ones there who actually show up and do their job and work hard for the company

5. Universal Protection

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time

Pros

The incentives for mangers is pretty awesome. The bonuses and the accountability programs they have in place really make you (at least me) worker harder to keep company costs lower and employees more productive.

Cons

Sometimes management can be kept in the dark a little too long about certain changes.

Advice to Management

Keep us paid out more often and in loop about pertinent changes.

6. Security Officer

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time

Pros

The company can be flexible when you have personal issues and do show compassion at times.

Cons

Work schedules are sometimes hard to fill and work condition ( In my case) can be dangerous because we have no backup or authority that rule violators respect.

The Benefits are mediocre at best, but better than nothing.

Advice to Management

none

7. convienient

Current Employee - Security Officer in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service (Less than a year)

Pros

Good if you like to work alone

Cons

little or no interaction with management

8. Choose with CAUTION

Current Employee - S/P in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - S/P in Durham, NC

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free dry clean for uniforms, HR will try putting you at a post not too far from wherever you live.

Cons

The benefits is HORRIBLE! I mean that to the utmost. The job offers no pay raises, you have to wait a full year before getting paid time off.

Advice to Management

Please Please Please see about improving the benefits especially the medical. Oh yea, this company makes enough money to pay everyone more.

9. They'll hire anyone

Current Employee - Security Professional in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Security Professional in Santa Ana, CA

Pros

They'll hire anyone - if you're desperate enough, look no further.

Cons

They'll hire anyone - caliber of coworkers, managers and staff is extremely varied (true of all jobs however).

Advice to Management

Don't promote solely on loyalty, you wind up with people who have no alternative in positions of responsibility - people who have no business managing others.

10. Site Supervisor

Current Employee - Security Manager/Account Manager/Site Supervisor in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for good communication and work etihic

Cons

I have no cons I think the company does a great job

11. Down time, time to escape, new faces.

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Universal Protection Service

Pros

Working in corporate environment, decent pay.

Cons

Turnover rate too high, never know who is going to turn out to be a good coworker.

RSS Feed </> Embed