Universal Recycling Technologies

Updated Feb 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Cornwell

Everyone that I met while I worked there was fair and hard working.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey gave you the freedom to think outside the box to come up with innovative ideas.

ConsI did not have any negative experiences at Universal Recycling Technology and I enjoyed working there.

Universal Recycling Titanic

Many Roles Like Everyone At Company, Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe industry will only grow and there are a few bright and dedicated people added to the company in the past year or so. If you are looking to work here you need to wait until they have some good leadership that stays in place.

ConsThe senior leadership team has a revolving door. The only two constants are the President and the HR manager. Put 2 and 2 together. We can only hope a couple of the newer managers stay with the company. They have literally hired, fired, and laid off hundreds of people in the past few years at all levels. It feels like URT is late to the game in all of the sales areas they want to grow in. Those ships have sailed and URT didn't have any tickets. Company has plenty of service issues and is struggling to maintain any regular business.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the veteran employees have bad attitudes. People work against each other on everything. Employees are not valued or trusted to do their jobs and they don't trust each other. The direction changes on a regular basis on every level in every department.

Great industry. Misguided Management. Lack of Leadership.

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has potential but is constantly replacing management and has incompetent people that are more concerned with looking out for themselves - no team efforts here.

ConsLack of vision by management. No follow-thru once they decide on a policy/plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture. Management needs to embrace new policies that will keep people (turnover at this company is HIGH).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is a joke. Poor management, poor communication, no matter how hard you work they don't appreciate it

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Janesville, WI

ProsThe company has a good idea

ConsToo bad management is running it into the ground. Supervisors don't know what they are doing or how to do the job, so they cannot effectively manage. The company expects too much out of employees. Will have you do several different jobs, with unreasonable expectations. Don't appreciate employees hard work at all. No raises at all in more than a year for anyone. Who wants to stay at a company where you don't get your yearly performance review and raise as they tell you when they hire you, but upper management keeps getting raises

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they do the job, they are your best source of information. How about some raises, you can't expect employees to work for a whole year plus without a raise. Treat your employees with respect. Have supervisors that have done the job and know what should be expected.

Top Heavy Company, Lacking Leadership

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with clients and several talented colleagues.

ConsConstant turnover. Inconsistent benefits. Don't value performance. Too many layers to be efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen & act on feedback. If you can't take the heat, get out.

Dynamic

ProsUniversal Recycling Technologies is leading the effort with regards to responsible recycling. This company truly sees the importance of investing in its future by investing in its most basic resource - its employees. This company has gone to great lengths in contributing to a sustainable society, and this is really just the beginning. Applauding Universal Recycling Technologies for all that has been accomplished, and looking forward to all that is to come.

ConsNo longer considered a true con...communication between departments and senior management to all employees and all locations continues to improve all the time.

Worked for Universal Recycling Technologies? Contribute to the Community!