Universal Solutions International Reviews

4.2
Daniel “Dan” Wolfe

1. Difficult Circumstances

I worked at Universal Solutions International

Pros

Great company to work for overall. Very competitive benefits, great people.

Cons

Two separate offices geographically that still must coordinate their activities. This lead to some "us vs them" mentality that was a challenge to deal with sometimes. Regrettably, with the downturn in the defense industry, they have had some struggles gaining additional contracts, while the ones they do have are continuing to shrink.

Continue to keep the corporate staff informed of activities at the two locations. Open lines of communication are a must for success in the future!

2. A Brief Personal Synopsis of USI

Former Employee - Country Manager
    Former Employee - Country Manager

I worked at Universal Solutions International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For about 85% of my tenure at USI, they employed me as a Country Manager in Afghanistan. While deployed, they took very good care of me both in compensation and benefits. While not deployed, they actively engaged in finding active work to keep me on as a full-time employee. 90% of the corporate operations staff is quite capable, responsive, friendly, and easy to work with.

Cons

Didn't follow through with regards to employee evaluations--not conducive to improving performance or building one's skills.

Be loyal to the folks who deploy overseas to warzones by giving them the occasional bone, i.e. keep them on 1099 status to give them the opportunity to develop ideas for business development.

3. Wonderful opportunity overseas but lacks the support from CONUS personnel.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Universal Solutions International as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to get your foot in the contract world.

Cons

For overseas work, no paid leave, no paid travel for R&R, no policy for emergency leave. I can only speak for the overseas contract, but I haven't receive the level of support from program managers in the states the I believe I should be getting.

Better benefits for employees

5. Dynamic

I have been working at Universal Solutions International

Pros

Very flat management structure. Very positive work environment to talk to senior managers. A lot of different areas of interest for the company, so you garner a breadth of experience.

Cons

As a small company, there is a slightly greater risk in your longevity, but management is very good about keeping employees informed about the health of the company.