Universal Studios Hollywood

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Thomas L. (Tom) Williams

Pros
  • Free entry into the theme park on days off(in 8 reviews)

• cool people, good work environment, fun summer job(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • dealing with thousands of people daily for low pay(in 4 reviews)

• Underpays as the theme park industry doesn't have dynamic competition(in 3 reviews)

Universal Warehouse man

Proscool people, good work environment, fun summer job

Consdidn't really have any, great summer job

Was interesting

Ride Operator (Former Employee) Universal City, CA

ProsThe people are wonderful
    co workers even better
    great 1st job
    When season hits wonderful place to stay.
    Perks are amazing
    free tickets discount tickets
    Gate A access

ConsLack of respect for the underdogs
    being rudely talk down to
    not understanding about most medical problems
    hard to gain hours
    Being pushed or pulled by guest
    Stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementSensitivity training
    senior management should be there often
    help those in need eith medical issues
    Have better days
    dont harshly talk down to others.

Popular girls, queens and angry straight men.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTheme park and you often get free food.

ConsThis place is crazy town. Back of house is a joke and run like a mom and pop operation. Popularity, reputation and fitting in are highly, highly valued. Results and actual work are not.

Plan for everyone to be atleast 15 minutes late to every meeting - if they show up at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house of all the ghosts of decades past.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Such a great experience!

ProsI love the atmosphere and the people I work with. Everyone is so nice & helpful and the managers are great and very understanding when it comes to certain situations.

Consonly problem i'd say are the hours, it would be nice to get more hours. other than that, i can't complain!

DON'T WORK HERE

Carnival Games Attendant (Former Employee) Universal City, CA

ProsFun, fast paced, meet lots of people

ConsSeasonal hiring, rules nearly impossible to follow, management doesn't care about anyone but themselves, as nice as these people are supposed to be to guests; they don't know how to be nice to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Union; Don't hire so many people if you don't want to keep them all; show some compassion for your employees

Probably the best job I've ever had.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are very nice and understanding, fellow employees become like family, you get enveloped in the atmosphere both backstage and on set, the make up, costumes, mazes, and sets were top-notch, and my supervisors were amazing. Not to mention: Take Five Cafe. I want to go back this year, I'm hooked!

ConsScaring guests for 30 minutes to an hour non-stop gets tiring, even if you have a simple scare. There is also the threat of being hurt by guests or having them do a number of rude things to you, but if you don't take it to heart you'll be fine - most guests aren't like this however, so don't worry. I also had only one negative encounter with one of the employees who handled props - I accidentally damaged my prop and he treated me like dirt for doing so, and he even teased me negatively about it later that night. But this was sorely because of his own attitude and he was hired by Universal like I was, and he probably won't be hired back.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing comes to mind except to hire more respectable employees!

ok

Prosgreat place to make friend

Consmanagement does not support the workers

Advice to Senior Managementbe there more often. not only when higher management is present

helped in learning U S work Culture

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosif interested in tv. this the best place

Consneed to have good work experience to thrive

A lot of perks, but is it worth the stress?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get a lot of perks as an employee, such as getting into the theme park for free whenever you want, free parking, discounts on basically everything inside the park, discounts on food at CitiWalk. You really get to know your co-workers and upper management on a personal basis, which can be both good or bad.

ConsThere is a lot of drama that happens between the employees. Things can get unprofessional in front of guests despite their position. It's very stressful working here during the summer, especially dealing with frustrated guests.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn the job training could definitely be better with better qualified trainers.

Area i worked was bad, but great company

Ticket Seller (Current Employee) Universal City, CA

ProsGood Pay, Employee Discounts on Food and Merchandise, Free Entry Into Theme Park, Close to Public Transportation,

ConsGuest Situations, Parking Relocation, Certain Area Managers, Time Of Scheduling

Advice to Senior ManagementFront Gate Management: Treat your employees with a little more respect. All of the other areas do so, and it make the whole area look bad among the company

Worked for Universal Studios Hollywood? Contribute to the Community!