UniversalPegasus International

Add Photos

Philip Luna

Overall Great Company to Work for

Engineer III (Current Employee) Lafayette, LA

ProsPay is good, Benefits are decent although they have been better in the past, opportunity for growth in the company is there, and the company has great culture of giving recognition to employees that go above and beyond duties or expectations.

ConsThere is always something about a company you could find that you do not like, but I choose to overlook the minor issues I have found.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to seek out growth opportunities, and continue to give local management the flexibility needed to make that office a success.

Need maturity

Senior Designer III (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a frendly place to work at. pay rate is fair, coffe is free. company has flexible time to work.

ConsManagement unfair, slave drivers, some manager run in a dictator ship system. system and processes are not in place. Senior Designer are just Glorified Drafter. Anybody can have a title.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to implove, fallow industries standards, STOP Buddy system.

Neutral

Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood health benefits, nice location in Houston. Offers participation in Charity work. Generous compensation

ConsDidn't feel like a positive or collaborative environment. Couldn't really get a feel for company culture. Morale seemed lowed; company felt very segmented. Things could be better as there has been quite a turnaround in senior management staff since I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees. You are nothing without them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ratings speak for itself

(Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMay be a bit of higher paid salary, but they would probably charge this to the clients anyways.

ConsThis is a typical "permanent staff look-alike contract worker's place". They lure you in with a competitive salary and charge it back to the client. Once project is over, out the door you go. Management is non-existent, as every man for himself attitude is easily perceived. Once you're in their door, you need to find a "sponsor" regardless of your competency to be on the "project roster list". Or else, you'll be gone out the door, either forced or by your will. No such thing as development. They are on the borderline between being an actual corporate organization and scammers. Do yourself a favor and not even look in this direction unless, you want some quick bucks earned from contract type work (by the way, good luck with this). My lessons learned the hard way and I am trying my best to protect the innocent mass.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan you even call yourself "management" when you're not listening or doing anything to fix the cancerous morale environment?

Good people and fun working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyed working with the people

ConsPromotions are promised but not kept

Good place for new graduates

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance, good working environment , nice and talent people

ConsManagement policy need to improve

Worst place I've ever worked

Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPay is good. Enjoy it while it lasts.

ConsManagement is ridiculously incompetent. Layoffs galore. Don't expect ANY job security. Politics. It's very dog eat dog. And these guys are borderline corporate criminals. The project work was meaningless and boring, and even hard to come by. Don't expect any severance, they'll make up some BS excuse so they don't have to pay it. I see things getting much worse for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should work at Taco Bell, you are more suited for that work.

Great Environment - Sr. Management Direction is all over the map.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay & benefits. The work environment and employees are great to work with.

ConsLack of direction from the top. Owned by a PE Group that has just sold the soul of the company to bankers. Knee-jerk planning for hiring and subsequent lay-offs with no long term thought process. BD support is nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a clear directive for how the company is going to grow the business and push initiatives out that support that direction.

Revolving Door!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe pay is over market, but you are basically selling your soul. As soon as a project ends, you will be laid off and overpriced

ConsThere is no loyalty to the employees, they staff big for a project and then release quick when it is over. They say the company is doing better now, but that is a sign of the market picking up, not the business itself doing better. Big pay and big bonuses are paid at the top (yes, we hard workers know about that), kills morale. The CEO is coldhearted and unfeeling about the staff, current and former, but he is high on himself; you can see his picture and name variations on many of the company initiatives (Uncle Sam picture ring a bell with anyone?). They cut the benefits back, 401k matching percentage, which once was really good, was affected as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the top management has left on their own; Business Development, Engineering, Finance, HR, Project Management to name a few. These people were making good money, so why leave? Because of the non-loyal, treat you like dirt, "I'm not listening, because you are beneath me" attitude of the CEO. Well Mr. CEO, one day you will realize you are only as successful as the people doing the actual work. When this ship sinks, you will probably still be the captain, but you may have no loyal crew. Curious as to whether you can come off your pedestal throne long enough to even notice.

More change is more of the same.

Design Staff (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood salaries, previous 401k was good.

ConsBroken bonus plan that isn't tied to performance. Rumors of extreme bonuses for senior staff, some over 100k. Two of the top HR people have jumped ship as well as the CFO in the past six months. The CFO jumped shipped after only a year and then wasn't allowed to stay on during the transition.

Culture was suppose to be the focus last year and the chief idea was placing pictures on every floor on every wall. They left the pictures up even after they fired and laid-off employees. Unreal? Yep. Just what you want to see every morning, pictures of people that got dumped by the company. Company survey was last year and the results were never released. People talk about it all the time.

They say keeping top talent is a focus but recent changes are they took away all cell phones and made you buy your own. Insurance costs jumped by a large amount and the 401k match amount was lowered. The formal bonus plan of the past was removed without any announcement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back an actual bonus and incentive plan. Figure out why so many people are leaving. This company should have been booming based on the location and industry it is in. When hard times do come in the industry this company will get leveled.

Worked for UniversalPegasus International? Contribute to the Community!