UniversalPegasus International

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Philip Luna

Pros
  • Friendly and comfortable work environment with people that get along well (in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits and 401k, 9/80 work schedule, some really good people work there (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Everybody from the upper management to the security guy are terrific people and the company cares about people (in 4 reviews)

• Things could be better as there has been quite a turnaround in senior management staff since I was there (in 3 reviews)

Engineer-in-Training

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time

Pros

Good place to learn fast

Cons

Not the best managed company

Advice to Management

Your employees are your most valuable asset. Treat them like it.

Horrible!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

That pay was good while it lasted. There was a nice deli downstairs to get lunch. That truly is all I can say good about the company. And I really searched..

Cons

Far outweighs the pay. The work was beyond meaningless. Deadlines were unreasonable. You had to go around almost daily and beg for work, and charge codes. If you were on overhead, it wasn't very long because you would get fired and they would use some lame excuse that wasn't even close to being true, so they wouldn't have to pay severance or unemployment. Legal? Yes, in a right to work state such as Texas. Ethical? Nope. Truly a bad experience and not worth the lofty salary (probably won't last long anyway). HR is a joke, and vicious. Management are not even qualified, they promote their buddies. Watch your back, or better yet, don't even consider stopping here. I've talked with other colleagues that have worked here and this is pretty much a consensus. I heard they even cut the 401k matching. Losers.

Advice to Management

Do the industry a favor, look in the mirror and do something right and ethical for change.

Project Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Standard salary and benefits, nice co-workers.

Cons

The entire company seems to be a revolving door. Lay offs are common. Obsolete software, a lot of manual work...ridiculous! Management personnel with the exception of a couple of people is relatively new to the company. Not a good working environment as the sense of instability is always present.

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to start!

Tough market, bad prospects

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time

Pros

The people over there seemed nice enough. When you could actually get projects to work on, some of it was actually interesting....

Cons

There were very few projects to go around, business development was not doing a good job. Even though the people seemed nice, many of them didn't seem to be willing to lend help. Overall, it was not a collaborative environment.

Advice to Management

Institute better training programs, be more willing to help out newer employees with more clear instructions as to what the deliverables should be.

Great Place to Work, Lot's of Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have been here just over 2 years and have been promoted twice. UPI values people's skills and contributions over legacy politics. Are part of Huntington Ingalls now and are very cash positive and growth focused. Good environment to work in and diversified business (pipelines, facilities, topsides, subsea, field services, construction management). I have gotten exposure to more types of projects in 2.5 years than I had in 10 prior to coming here.

Cons

Has cyclical business like other engineering and construction firms. Had a layoff a few months ago when a couple of client projects were cancelled. In order to avoid more layoffs, there was a temporary vacation cut. Good for those whose jobs were saved, bad for those that were safe anyway.

Advice to Management

I love working here and hope that we continue to set the company up for growth, diversification, and continue to provide opportunities to our rising stars.

Very Poor Management

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at UniversalPegasus International (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees. Most of them are laidoff now!!!

Cons

No Management, No Training, No system, ...

Advice to Management

Your Employees are humans too !!!

Disappointing place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I wish I had something positive to say about this place, but the fact is, I don't anymore. Its very sad what is happening here.

Cons

I lost count of all the CEOs, VPs, and Directors that we've had. They throw titles around like its nothing, especially Directors, who are really just Project Managers, not even good ones. There is no advancement, unless you're friends with the right people, very clickish. No training opportunities. And now they're taking away benefits. They've laid off hundreds of people. They run off the good people and keep the crappy ones, makes no sense.

Advice to Management

Quit your job and let someone take over that actually cares about the people here.

Accounting

Pros

It is a professional company.

Cons

There is too much turnover at this company.

Not a quality and ethical company to work for

Former Employee - Engineer III in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer III in Houston, TX

Pros

Good people, good location, good parking space, good office space

Cons

Management sucks, lack of management and business development, it is more political than professional, they keep non qualified managers in office for a long time because upper management also lacks business skills. its like you keep my back i keep yours in a wrong way. No job stability, no training program. You may get thrown in the bus quite often. sink or swim situation. They hire one non efficient and retired professional engineers and pay them less than standard to advertised they have professional engineers in staff and college graduate do the jobs. I have had one next to my office for a long time and dude would take nap every afternoon behind his desk for an hour. everyone knew but no one cared to say anything. As far as I know he is still there. God bless the projects he stamps. They better have a good insurance policy. I don't recommend this place if you care about your integrity and your business ethics.

Advice to Management

Resign and let the right and professional people do the job.

11. #71 and moving up!

Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! Folks are friendly. Open Door policy with Management

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you guys/gals are doing !

RSS Feed </> Embed