Universe Technology

Updated December 1, 2014
2.2

Abdel Nasser Bachir
1 Rating

Vibrant and fun - and a real insight!!!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I joined recently after having a rather bad experience in a competitor company. At Unviverse I was surprised how different the same job could actually be (for the better). Everyone helps out and although there is still a target driven mentality, you do not get the politics and machismo of a normal recruitment company. I think that's partly to do with their more "European" ethic.

Cons

If you like are one of those people who wants a lager-and-curry-fly-me-to-Ibiza type recruitment company, then this is not for you. Sure, the money and incentives are great, but they do not have that loud, brash attitude of most recruitment companies. It is more professional and thus more "serious". Personally i prefer it, but it might dissuade some.

They recently introduced a range of new incentives and I think this is good. Please keep doing this and more group acitivities like the ones at the end of last year.

Unprofessional recruitments

I have been working at Universe Technology

Pros

No pros noticed so far.

Cons

I was dealing several times with UTechnology recruiters regarding job offers they published with remark "asap". In all cases they were not able to clearly communicate neither the status of my application nor the final result each time giving me contradictory information so I got an impression there was either no real job behind their offer or they did not have the direct contact to the job offering company. Never again.

Make a training for your recruiters how to deal with customers in professional way. Improve their communication skills. Do not publish fake job offers.

Exploitation of employees

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not much...
    - Good location of the office (close to Tower Hill)

Cons

I worked at UT for 11 months and was really happy to leave. Long working hours, low salary, no benefits whatsoever. The company was not investing anything into the employees. Very poor training and even worse ethics. Not a nice working atmosphere, super competitive and cheeky, I felt that I had to lie to clients a lot. I wouldn't recommend to work at this company nor to use them as a client.

Start taking more care of your employees and respect your clients.

Great international experience in a dynamic environment

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has undergone quite a lot of changes recently. They have hired some great new management, installed the latest systems and embarked on a structured training program for all staff. They have also added several new business development methodologies to their work practices which seem to be working.

It is a very international environment. Most European languages are spoken and most of their business is conducted in Europe. I would say that it is excellent international business experience to work here. They also encourage travel more than previously, and this makes the job more varied.

Under their new regime there is a lot of support from managers and team leaders. This, coupled with an extremely large database (they have been established for 16 years I think), means that there is quite good scope for making serious money.

They share data better than most sales organisations I've seen.

Cons

Recruitment is hard work, and the job here is no different. The rewards are good, but you need to work for them. You are also performance managed quite carefully. This can be helpful (indeed is designed to be) but you need to be ready for that.

It seems that they had a previous management team who neglected some parts of the business, but the culprits have all left now, and the strategy seems far more robust. This actually makes it an exciting place to be as there is a lot of scope for development.

"Stick to your guns" would be my main piece of advice. So often you see people doing things right, making a real effort, and then they lose conviction. That has not happened in this case, and I hope that they keep it that way.

Unprofessional recruitment agency

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England (UK)

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nothing !! simply nothing positive to say !

Cons

Unprofessional management
    they hired young and inexperienced people and they want them to bill after 3 weeks!!!
    they treat the employee who doesn't bill like crap in front of everybody!! you can not talk or pronounce the name of the competitor or see ex-employee. You don't seat comfortably the chair and the computer are so odd! Can not have a discussion with the management as you are always wrong...You have to do long hours !

nothing everything you might say is WRONG !!!

Universe Technology Photos