Universe Technology Reviews

3.1
Abdel Nasser Bachir

1. Unprofessional recruitments

I have been working at Universe Technology

Pros

No pros noticed so far.

Cons

I was dealing several times with UTechnology recruiters regarding job offers they published with remark "asap". In all cases they were not able to clearly communicate neither the status of my application nor the final result each time giving me contradictory information so I got an impression there was either no real job behind their offer or they did not have the direct contact to the job offering company. Never again.

Advice to Management

Make a training for your recruiters how to deal with customers in professional way. Improve their communication skills. Do not publish fake job offers.

2. Fun environment - intelligent people

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Give good exposure to international environment. Good people with nice attitude. Many are very good businesspeople with experience and international (languages). They moved in new offices just on year ago and it is lovely.

Cons

No bad points really. They do check regularly to see if we employee have any objections or problems and they listen. We have some new software products and techniques all the time and very good training is given. I also do rate the career progress as high as they do give promotions to the better people.

Advice to Management

Do more promotion from in the company and do not try getting the so-called experienced staff. They normally are looking for a job for a reason!

3. Where is the quick buck?

I worked at Universe Technology full-time

Pros

City location. Nice building. A public park nearby. Small but not intimate. Not pretending to be professional.

Cons

Small size and smaller mindset from the leadership. City location can be a feel-good trap. No real commitment to develop business.

Advice to Management

Be honest with prospective employees at interviews. Integrity is for real, not for show. Figure out why people leave.

5. Good international recruitment experience - not for the faint-hearted!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Real international business experience, good support and training.

Cons

It's recruitment. Whichever recruitment company you work for, you must be ready for a hard-nosed competitive environment and hard work. Having said this, UT is a supportive environment. Staff help each other, and management are behind every sale you make. It works.

Advice to Management

Do not continue down the "party in Vegas" route that other companies seem to be adopting. It is damaging to the industry, and UT has always promoted itself as a more European, professional outfit. The temptation is there: avoid it! Other than that, the training is good and should be promoted more as a selling point to recruits.

6. A very good company in a dynamic industry - new Canary Wharf location breaks from the past

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The new offices have really made a difference, and I can see now that prior to this the management must have been in a predicament about investment. But not any more! They have now moved into this amazing space and transformed the business. There is serious individual investment into staff, brand new ergonomic chairs and huge screens, close and supportive management and training, and a great team atmosphere. The light and airy nature of the offices, and the balconies that adjoin it looking out over to Canary Wharf, give everybody a real boost and it the uplift is palpable.

Cons

If anything, the company is somewhat overly generous with some members of staff, maybe allowing a minority of consultants to stay in the business when many companies would have fired them. But I can see that sometimes this patience can pay off. Again, this kind of decision makes me happy not to be in management! But some of the guys here are doing really well.

Advice to Management

Be patient, but also sometimes it pays to be a little harsher.

7. Exploitation of employees

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much... - Good location of the office (close to Tower Hill)

Cons

I worked at UT for 11 months and was really happy to leave. Long working hours, low salary, no benefits whatsoever. The company was not investing anything into the employees. Very poor training and even worse ethics. Not a nice working atmosphere, super competitive and cheeky, I felt that I had to lie to clients a lot. I wouldn't recommend to work at this company nor to use them as a client.

Advice to Management

Start taking more care of your employees and respect your clients.

8. Vibrant and fun - and a real insight!!!

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined recently after having a rather bad experience in a competitor company. At Unviverse I was surprised how different the same job could actually be (for the better). Everyone helps out and although there is still a target driven mentality, you do not get the politics and machismo of a normal recruitment company. I think that's partly to do with their more "European" ethic.

Cons

If you like are one of those people who wants a lager-and-curry-fly-me-to-Ibiza type recruitment company, then this is not for you. Sure, the money and incentives are great, but they do not have that loud, brash attitude of most recruitment companies. It is more professional and thus more "serious". Personally i prefer it, but it might dissuade some.

Advice to Management

They recently introduced a range of new incentives and I think this is good. Please keep doing this and more group acitivities like the ones at the end of last year.

9. Great international experience in a dynamic environment

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Universe Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has undergone quite a lot of changes recently. They have hired some great new management, installed the latest systems and embarked on a structured training program for all staff. They have also added several new business development methodologies to their work practices which seem to be working. It is a very international environment. Most European languages are spoken and most of their business is conducted in Europe. I would say that it is excellent international business experience to work here. They also encourage travel more than previously, and this makes the job more varied. Under their new regime there is a lot of support from managers and team leaders. This, coupled with an extremely large database (they have been established for 16 years I think), means that there is quite good scope for making serious money. They share data better than most sales organisations I've seen.

Cons

Recruitment is hard work, and the job here is no different. The rewards are good, but you need to work for them. You are also performance managed quite carefully. This can be helpful (indeed is designed to be) but you need to be ready for that. It seems that they had a previous management team who neglected some parts of the business, but the culprits have all left now, and the strategy seems far more robust. This actually makes it an exciting place to be as there is a lot of scope for development.

Advice to Management

"Stick to your guns" would be my main piece of advice. So often you see people doing things right, making a real effort, and then they lose conviction. That has not happened in this case, and I hope that they keep it that way.

10. Unprofessional recruitment agency

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England (UK)

I worked at Universe Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nothing !! simply nothing positive to say !

Cons

Unprofessional management they hired young and inexperienced people and they want them to bill after 3 weeks!!! they treat the employee who doesn't bill like crap in front of everybody!! you can not talk or pronounce the name of the competitor or see ex-employee. You don't seat comfortably the chair and the computer are so odd! Can not have a discussion with the management as you are always wrong...You have to do long hours !

Advice to Management

nothing everything you might say is WRONG !!!

RSS Feed </> Embed