University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina

University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dave McRae

Supportive atmosphere among coworkers, pretty satisfied w/ job.

Staff RN (Current Employee)
Tarboro, NC

I have been working at University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina

ProsDecent pay and benefits, respectful management.

ConsEastern North Carolina, enough said.
Also, budget cuts, staff is worked harder than we used to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more mindful of employees' work-life balance, realize that family is more important than work.

This COULD be a great place to work...

Greenville, NC

I have been working at University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina

ProsPay and work / life balance.

ConsEntire management staff in my department demonstrate lack of leadership qualities. They say your opinion matters and will be taken into consideration, but just like other companies, they do what they want without regard to their highly skilled and highly paid employees' feelings on the matter. Mgmt focus is on nit-picky items rather than the "bigger picture" when it comes to their employees. I've been here a while now, and have seen massive changes, especially in the past 3 yrs for the worse. Management focus went from people (which is their jobs) to the numbers and over committing the department just to make themselves look good to their superiors. Morale among the 200+ employees in my department are at an all time low and remain there. Management was aware that their decisions would result in a hit in employee morale but chose that their obligations were deemed more important than the employees that make them happen. There is currently no way to get promoted in my department and has not been in a year since the only process they had was revoked.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to refocus. You are not being leaders, only managers, and in many cases doing a poor job of that. Employee morale is on the floor in my dept but it doesn't have to be. This could be a GREAT place to work but we need LEADERS not just managers. Utilize your HIGHLY skilled and HIGHLY paid employees. We want to be happy to come to work but the environment does not foster that type of feeling. Hold the management accountable just as you do everyone else. Mgmt is there for their employees to go to for help, not just for negative circumstances. FORCE mgmt to go to leadership classes and to uphold those standards that they learn. Learn to celebrate our accomplishments more instead of just moving from one implementation to another. WE ARE SELF INSURED AND A HOSPITAL! Stop forcing your employees to pay so much for health insurance and raising our rates 10% a year when our annual raise is only 2% a year! Something must be done now to prevent a mass exodus once the economy turns around.

UHS A Great Place to Work in ENC!

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Greenville, NC

I have been working at University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina

ProsGreat competitive salaries, Lots of opportunity for advancement within the organization.

ConsNeed more flexible time - more telecommute days. This allows employees to find an environment in which they can be more creative and think out of the box away from all the distractions of the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and search for opportunities to improve employee benefits.

Good place to work

I have been working at University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina

ProsGood place to work in the Greenville, NC area. Employs over 8500 people. Managers treat employees with respect. Flexible work schedules.

ConsI wish there was more accountability at the management levels.

Worked for University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina CEO Dave McRae. All reviews posted anonymously by University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina employees.