University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Dave McRae

1. Supportive atmosphere among coworkers, pretty satisfied w/ job.

Current Employee - Staff RN in Tarboro, NC
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Tarboro, NC

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, respectful management.

Cons

Eastern North Carolina, enough said. Also, budget cuts, staff is worked harder than we used to be.

Advice to Management

Be more mindful of employees' work-life balance, realize that family is more important than work.

2. This COULD be a great place to work...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Pros

Pay and work / life balance.

Cons

Entire management staff in my department demonstrate lack of leadership qualities. They say your opinion matters and will be taken into consideration, but just like other companies, they do what they want without regard to their highly skilled and highly paid employees' feelings on the matter. Mgmt focus is on nit-picky items rather than the "bigger picture" when it comes to their employees. I've been here a while now, and have seen massive changes, especially in the past 3 yrs for the worse. Management focus went from people (which is their jobs) to the numbers and over committing the department just to make themselves look good to their superiors. Morale among the 200+ employees in my department are at an all time low and remain there. Management was aware that their decisions would result in a hit in employee morale but chose that their obligations were deemed more important than the employees that make them happen. There is currently no way to get promoted in my department and has not been in a year since the only process they had was revoked.

Advice to Management

Managers need to refocus. You are not being leaders, only managers, and in many cases doing a poor job of that. Employee morale is on the floor in my dept but it doesn't have to be. This could be a GREAT place to work but we need LEADERS not just managers. Utilize your HIGHLY skilled and HIGHLY paid employees. We want to be happy to come to work but the environment does not foster that type of feeling. Hold the management accountable just as you do everyone else. Mgmt is there for their employees to go to for help, not just for negative circumstances. FORCE mgmt to go to leadership classes and to uphold those standards that they learn. Learn to celebrate our accomplishments more instead of just moving from one implementation to another. WE ARE SELF INSURED AND A HOSPITAL! Stop forcing your employees to pay so much for health insurance and raising our rates 10% a year when our annual raise is only 2% a year! Something must be done now to prevent a mass exodus once the economy turns around.

3. UHS A Great Place to Work in ENC!

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Greenville, NC

Pros

Great competitive salaries, Lots of opportunity for advancement within the organization.

Cons

Need more flexible time - more telecommute days. This allows employees to find an environment in which they can be more creative and think out of the box away from all the distractions of the office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and search for opportunities to improve employee benefits.

5. Good place to work

Pros

Good place to work in the Greenville, NC area. Employs over 8500 people. Managers treat employees with respect. Flexible work schedules.

Cons

I wish there was more accountability at the management levels.

RSS Feed </> Embed