University HealthCare Alliance

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014
2.4

CEO

Mostly positive experience thus far

I have been working at University HealthCare Alliance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It;s a growing group that is putting resources into their developing network.

Cons

Compensation is not great, they are a little out of touch with the cost of competitive organizations

There is work to be done on the culture of the organization.

Not worth your career time

Current Employee - Specialist in Richmond, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Richmond, CA

I have been working at University HealthCare Alliance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility to a degree. Limited Telecommute option but will be taken away soon.

Cons

Under utilized of my skills/knowledge of healthcare. Find myself with no work. I was overqualified for the position, no room for growth. They will use you however they want, there is no career/not open to work with you on career path. There is no promotion from within, they will hire from outside for any open positions that are higher level to your current role. There is lack in leadership and vision plan from managers and directors. Changes are for the worst not the better. Location is not the best. Too much stress level when it comes to projects needing to "clean up" what was not proactively planned to begin with. Morale is low, your manager has NO confidence in you. This place feels like a failed start up, the CEO is looking for cheap ways to save this company in the long run. Lack of communication, they do not keep anyone on board with the company and anything else, you will hear it in a gossip. On top of that, we are under paid for our job titles. The premium cost for medical benefits are ridiculously high. They give out gift cards as a way of "Thank You for your hard work" yet later to find out it was DEDUCTED from your paycheck. This company profits out of YOU!

I recommend to look elsewhere! I've been here long enough to share.

Bring in entrepreneurs who know how to lead your start up in a direction where your products and services will be more successful. Bring in intelligent/experienced high level people who know how to run a business operation- need one for each of your department. Set some real department goals rather than none. VALUE your employees, value their skills/experience and promote from within the company. Offer fully-reimbursement training tools/classes to your employees not deducted. Stop making profit from us.

They scout top, competitive, talent... but BEWARE, HR doesn't want to pay you for it!

Former Employee - Referral Authorization Coordinator in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Referral Authorization Coordinator in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at University HealthCare Alliance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice friendly staff, great C-I-Care philosophy, nice work environment and clean facility from what I could tell. Co-workers are polite, and show each other the upmost respect.

Cons

Managers don't seem to have a handle on their job fully or are juggling multiple department duties. HR doesn't always pay fair. Non-competitive salary. I was phone screened, interviewed, picked as a final candidate, received the offer.. only to be told that the offer was rescinded, AFTER I attempted to negotiate my salary. Was never given benefit package details, etc.. waste of time if you plan to work here and plan on staying long term.. Beware, I feel like I dodged that bullet.

not quite there.

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in San Ramon, CA

I worked at University HealthCare Alliance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits. 401K and PTO

Cons

gigantic gap between upper management and employees.

listen to the ideas of employee's their ideas will save time and make company more productive.

If you want stress and no recognition for your contribution join UHA! So many people have lost there health due to stres

I worked at University HealthCare Alliance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, close to local restaurants, some good people

Cons

Overworked, growing too fast before policies, procedures are in place, unfair treatment of employees, HR is not consistent with there treatment of employees, shows favoritism, top leadership doesn't practice what he preaches, employees are not communicated to, or shown value for their effort or work.

Practice what you tell your employees to do or be, but being a narcism (extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type) he most likely has not clue.