University Medical Center of Southern Nevada

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kathy Silver

IT Department

ProsJob security and benefits. Belief in the mission of the hospital. Co workers are usual very supportave

ConsOverworked, far to many projects compared to the number of staff people available. Applications and tools cannot be used to their full potential due to lack of focus.

I LOVED the job but NOT the people I had to work with!!!

Public Safety Officer (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits and good pay!!!

ConsNo formal training what so ever!! The first few days you sit in dispatch and read OUTDATED material. The one FTO they had, had little or NO time to spend with you!! You are instructed to "shadow", follow around an officer. Sure, I got to find out where all the goof off and smoking areas were. I was told that my many years of EMT and casino security experience meant nothing.......this was HOSPITAL security....not the same. I was NEVER given credit nor respect for what I brought to the table. You have to train and work all shifts, making it difficult to know the different responsibilities of each shift. Some were armed, while others weren't.....nobody knew why??? Supervisors to the officers were neither helpful nor that friendly. I was accused of something that NEVER occurred and was fired. I fought it and was exonerated. I found another job and never looked back.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money on proper/formal training. Have sensitivity classes and how to work as a "team". Be more in tune to the happenings amongst the ranks. Have the supervisors learn not to have favorites.

10 + years as a Data Specialist

Data Specialist (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsJob security in a volatile economy.

ConsNo upward mobility in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to concerns of the hourly employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful and taken forgranted/advantage of.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsPERS for retirement, weekly opportunities for continuing education credit and 36 HR work weeks.

ConsDoctor and nurse relations stressed. Management does not stick up for nurses. All employees have taken a paycut.

Stress beyond anything I have done in 30 years of experience! And it shouldn't have to be this way!

Senior Pharmacy Technician In-Patient Pharmacy (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsSome employees were great to work with and were team players. Benefits and time off are great if they will let you off. Great Retirement (5 years),and longevity bonus after eight years of service.

ConsExtreme stress, out of date computer programs and equipment. Management rarely speaks to the employees except when making changes to the work flow. Constant changes that seem to have no logical conclusion, resulting in perpetual stress and anxiety.

Advice to Senior Managementwork some hours to find out what the employees are really dealing with. Schedule meeting that encourage new ideas from the people who do the work. At least make them think you care about what they have to contribute. If something works- don't change it for changes sake!

Worked for University Medical Center of Southern Nevada? Contribute to the Community!