University Physicians Healthcare Hospital

University Physicians Healthcare Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I had a good experience working at UPH.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI learned a lot, met lots of very interesting people and saw things I would never have seen at Northwest Hospital.

ConsUnfortunately, management was not as professional as it should have been. Other than ghost there was NOTHING to complain about. I loved working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm so glad to hear that the former manager was replaced with someone more professional. That is a very good thing.

This was a learning experience for me, I saw another side of healthcare there.

Unit Clerk (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsI met some wonderful people, had fun working there and learned new things there.

ConsManagement professionalism was lacking at times.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

I imagine it's better now.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some really good, caring staff and intelligent researchers.

ConsThe management of UPH is pretty horrible. It is dated and they are always looking for a quick fix.

Advice to Senior ManagementRip off the bandaid. Fix things from the beginning.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

run, do not walk, from this place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

Prosnice staff to work with, caring, conscientious

Consnext to no communication even regarding basics, very punitive and backwards, extremely disrespectful of staff, no value of input or opinion or suggestions. decisions made with no regard to effect or consequence on staff. very poor management from top down. no accountability on part of management regarding huge staff exodus on more than one occasion. Residents very poorly supervised.

Advice to Senior Managementthere would be nothing mentioned that would even warrant their interest

Fellow staff and doctors are great, but management on up to administration are absolutely aweful.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsTeamwork throughout the hospital. Excellent staff.

ConsBeing stepped on frequently by administration, shwon that our opinion does not matter. Put in dangerous situations on a regular basis for the patient and staff. Worst benefits I've ever seen. Worst admistration I've ever come across.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all middle management and up, then rebuild. Seriously!

Completely disorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

Prosgood employees, people really care about each other and the patients, good benefits, merger with university medical center is a plus

Consvery senior leadership is ignorant; time-warped; not able to maneuver; disconnected with external healthcare initiatives for the past 20 years

Advice to Senior Managementmiddle management seems on track, so stay the course; senior management needs to spend some time looking at themselves, reading and going to conferences to actually see how an academic medical center works - or quit.

Cant think of a worse place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsIt is related to the U of A. I really can't think of any pros. At all. Good benefits. There, I found something! The idea of the corp is a good one, just the leadership is horrendous.

ConsNever, have I seen a more incompetent administration. They cannot get out of their own way. Either they've worked there forever and are not up to date on how to run healthcare or have no healthcare experience whatsoever. It is a joke, fraught with infighting and petty remarks. The CEO makes underhanded comments about women. They are struggling financially. I could continue forever...

Advice to Senior Managementresign... realize that you are the cause of the problem, not the solution. Combining with UMC is not the answer. How silly... like all of the problems will go away?

Worked for University Physicians Healthcare Hospital? Contribute to the Community!