University Physicians Healthcare Hospital

Updated July 10, 2014
Updated July 10, 2014
2.4

CEO

I had a good experience working at UPH.

I worked at University Physicians Healthcare Hospital

Pros

I learned a lot, met lots of very interesting people and saw things I would never have seen at Northwest Hospital.

Cons

Unfortunately, management was not as professional as it should have been. Other than ghost there was NOTHING to complain about. I loved working there.

I'm so glad to hear that the former manager was replaced with someone more professional. That is a very good thing.

This was a learning experience for me, I saw another side of healthcare there.

Former Employee - Unit Clerk  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Unit Clerk in Tucson, AZ

I worked at University Physicians Healthcare Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I met some wonderful people, had fun working there and learned new things there.

Cons

Management professionalism was lacking at times.

none

I imagine it's better now.

I worked at University Physicians Healthcare Hospital full-time

Pros

There are some really good, caring staff and intelligent researchers.

Cons

The management of UPH is pretty horrible. It is dated and they are always looking for a quick fix.

Rip off the bandaid. Fix things from the beginning.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

run, do not walk, from this place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at University Physicians Healthcare Hospital

Pros

nice staff to work with, caring, conscientious

Cons

next to no communication even regarding basics, very punitive and backwards, extremely disrespectful of staff, no value of input or opinion or suggestions. decisions made with no regard to effect or consequence on staff. very poor management from top down. no accountability on part of management regarding huge staff exodus on more than one occasion. Residents very poorly supervised.

there would be nothing mentioned that would even warrant their interest

Fellow staff and doctors are great, but management on up to administration are absolutely aweful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at University Physicians Healthcare Hospital

Pros

Teamwork throughout the hospital. Excellent staff.

Cons

Being stepped on frequently by administration, shwon that our opinion does not matter. Put in dangerous situations on a regular basis for the patient and staff. Worst benefits I've ever seen. Worst admistration I've ever come across.

Fire all middle management and up, then rebuild. Seriously!

Completely disorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at University Physicians Healthcare Hospital

Pros

good employees, people really care about each other and the patients, good benefits, merger with university medical center is a plus

Cons

very senior leadership is ignorant; time-warped; not able to maneuver; disconnected with external healthcare initiatives for the past 20 years

middle management seems on track, so stay the course; senior management needs to spend some time looking at themselves, reading and going to conferences to actually see how an academic medical center works - or quit.

Cant think of a worse place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at University Physicians Healthcare Hospital

Pros

It is related to the U of A. I really can't think of any pros. At all. Good benefits. There, I found something! The idea of the corp is a good one, just the leadership is horrendous.

Cons

Never, have I seen a more incompetent administration. They cannot get out of their own way. Either they've worked there forever and are not up to date on how to run healthcare or have no healthcare experience whatsoever. It is a joke, fraught with infighting and petty remarks. The CEO makes underhanded comments about women. They are struggling financially. I could continue forever...

resign... realize that you are the cause of the problem, not the solution. Combining with UMC is not the answer. How silly... like all of the problems will go away?

Worked for University Physicians Healthcare Hospital? Contribute to the Community!