University of Colorado Reviews in Denver, CO

Updated July 21, 2014

3.8

University of Colorado President Bruce D. Benson
Bruce D. Benson

Pros
  • Hospital has Good benefits, clinically challenging and team work (in 6 reviews)

• Great work-life balance living in Boulder (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • To get stuff done, there would sometimes be needless red tape, something that would not be there in smaller companies (in 3 reviews)

• As any grad program, the balance between work and pay is pretty brutal (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

building automation, Energy saving program, Using the most advanced energy analysis software and seimens building autom

Current Employee - BAS  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - BAS in Denver, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado full-time for less than a year

Pros

the job and the workers are very friendly, the profit margin is growing. for full time employees the befits are great, long years experienced peoples worked at the place.

Cons

the position ladder is very long. not able created positions for engineering department, Budgeting questions not get answer for a long periods

managements open door policies are great to talk any time with scheduled meeting.

It has been a good experience

Current Employee - Operations  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations in Denver, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado full-time for more than a year

Pros

decent pay, benefits and opportunities for furthering education and employment. I get to work with people trying to help others improve their lives. We are always looking for ways to help the dept. run smoothly for all concerned with the least amount of trial and error as possible. I'm given a good amount of personal time & vacation time to balance work and leisure in my life to remain fit. I have been active in the employee healthcare site about managing my health. It has been very helpful about diet and exercise, which also effects my psychological and spiritual outlook on life.

Cons

I don't want to mention, I don't always like the people involved in my work. It does challenge me to find ways to look for the good in others which I believe does help me. So I am grateful for those people who do challenge me and my serenity.

It was a creative position within a very structured environment and guided by institutional guidlines.

Former Employee - Communications Professional  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Communications Professional in Denver, CO

I worked at University of Colorado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being able to contribute more modern, updated, valuable and creative changes in the messaging and branding throughout multiple channels.

Cons

The "company" was very slow to adapt and apply new changes/ideas - very bureaucratic.

Digital screens within office showing the real time flow of the statistics and analytics of "client" interaction and projects in process, as well as victories and completed projects.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most positive, although compensation is low and they waste government dollars.

Former Employee - Professional Research Assistant  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Professional Research Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at University of Colorado

Pros

It allows employees to pursue additional education and most managers are flexible with schedules to allow attending classes. The benefits package like insurance coverage and sick days and time off was generous.

Cons

The compensation is low compared to corporate positions and it is a government agency so you have to deal with the red tape and aspects of government work. Plus employees have to pay for parking which is a little ridiculous.

I think a small change that would be nice is to give employees free parking and to increase the annual hours allowed in course work.

State budget cuts impact ability to maintain work/life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado

Pros

Good people to work with and strong VPs and President

Cons

With the budget cuts, my organization is 1 person deep in vital areas, impacting the ability for people to take relaxing vacations

In order to compete with Denver companies, CU needs to ensure salaries are competitive and ensure proper work/life balance can be maintained.

The health science center is located close to mountains. Innovative, trying to keep the level of science.

Former Employee - Research Associate  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at University of Colorado

Pros

New medical campus, access to high level of technology and research, great new library.
    The pay is usually appropriate and promotions are timely.
    Majority of the people are very friendly with strong bend towards outdoors.

Cons

Located in a bleak suburb of Denver with little decent housing or schools in the area.
    Still looks like a huge construction site.

keep up the great job! try to make it greener.

Worked for University of Colorado? Contribute to the Community!