University of Colorado Health

Updated Feb 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good place to work

Medical Assistant (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado Health full-time for more than a year

ProsHealth and retirement benefits are great

ConsMediocre management and slow advancement

Going downhill fast

RN II (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado Health full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStill some genuine caring staff that haven't given up and work together as a team. I like my direct supervisor.

ConsPeople are leaving in droves because of the day to day stress of continual change and increases in nurse to patient ratios. The lack of caring exhibited when 5 hospitals merged into one huge company is astounding. They are dismantling their best hospitals piece meal. Pay is uneven across the company for equal jobs. After 10 years I'm finally considering leaving myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off on some of these changes before there is a sentinel event. Hospitals full of new nurses and clinical staff, overworked and understaffed, are sure to cause harm to our patients. I'd be surprised if there haven't been some already. Nurses want to feel good about the care they are giving. Equalize pay and shift differentials between the hospitals. Do you think we don't communicate with each other?

Taking health care to it's lowest common denominator

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado Health full-time for more than 8 years

Prosthe few remaining employees who still try to give great patient care despite the avalanche of garbage they're trying to withstand, co-workers seem for the most part to support each other

Consevery day something else happens, feeling like you're walking into a minefield every day you go to work, has decimated the morale of the workforce, employees feel like management does not care about them at all, more demands on fewer staff while the number of CEOs seems to multiply.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can't figure out what you're doing without running to consultants, can't communicate with staff because you don't know what you're doing, can't staff units to provide quality patient care, then get out of the health care business.

Worked for University of Colorado Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Colorado Health reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Colorado Health employees.