University of Colorado Hospital

John P. Harney

UCH

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsExcellent Benefits package; rewards longevity

ConsOpportunities for advancement and expanded education/training are limited.

Current Employee in IT (Epic)

IT Training (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThe benefits are outstanding. There is a pension which is unheard of these days.

ConsWork/Life balance can be challenging at times

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

RNs: There are less toxic employers

Oncology RN (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsBenefits are fantastic and learning opportunities abound

ConsSorority-style charge nurses. Initiative and overtime is not rewarded. Most of the RNs are very green new grads or disgruntled travelers. Nasty residents and egomaniac attendings. It is always the nurse's fault here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople don't leave jobs, they leave managers. Get rid of nurse managers who can't retain experienced staff and blame it on everyone else. Look at retention rates.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RN

High Risk OB Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Nurses to work with

ConsWork the nurses like dogs. Little appreciation.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriends were great to work with

ConsNone, had a great experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great experience but unpaid internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvariety of experience, opportunity to explore many specialties

Conslong hours expected with no pay

Advice to Senior Managementif you want to attract quality interns you need to pay them

Excellent place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsLeadership cares, great salary, care about work-life balance

ConsDifficult internal advancement opportunities, management seem to favor external candidates more

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to internal candidates for advancement opportunities rather than external candidates

Over worked, understaffed, unfair.

Environmental Services Tech (Former Employee) Loveland, CO

ProsIt's a job if you can't find anything since employees are quitting now, faster than ever.

ConsMore work expected with a downsized staff. Promotions or job openings in the same department given to some with no application or interview, yet others are told to apply, knowing well that the department manager has no intention of giving them the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have talked to Human Resources twice and no one ever returns calls. No sense complaining or even giving management advice, since I've been there, and no one seems to care. Watch as more employees leave, moral goes down even further, and your Magnet status disappears.

Great benefits and good work environment

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThe best benefits I've had in my career history.
    Ability to move to different departments and move up in the hospital.
    I've rarely been asked to work overtime and never have trouble requesting time off.
    My department has many long term employees.

ConsWith the change from individual hospital to a system, the benefits have worsened and the environment is more corporate.

Overworked employees profit driven institution yields stressful work environment

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThe physicians treat the nurses with respect, teaching environment, new facility

ConsFrazzled and fried are the adjectives to describe
     bedside nurses. No solutions have been addressed to solve the problems of no breaks, rare lunch, high stress environment. The attitude do more with less still prevails.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have serious problems with trust--you say you promote shared governance, but your employees are "afraid" of you. So many talented and bright people have been shown the door...

Worked for University of Colorado Hospital? Contribute to the Community!