University of Dayton

www.udayton.edu

University of Dayton Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
University of Dayton – US – “UD”

University of Dayton President Daniel J. Curran

Daniel J. Curran

Overall Excellent Experience

LTC Student Assistant (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsGreat understanding of the need to balance studies, while earning decent campus wages. The managers are also excellent and are flexible to work around your needs.

ConsThere are too many student employed, meaning you will be scheduled for on average 10 hours/week. Additionally, there can be times when regardless of student events you have going on - you must attend misc meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Nice working envrionment

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsPeople are very nice and supportive.

ConsThere are no real challenges but just time consuming.

Very eye widening job at research institute of University of Dayton. UDRI

Energy Engineer (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsWorking under supervision of Prof. Kelly Kissock as one of the most prominent people in the field of energy efficiency. Energy auditing in different manufacturing facilities help employees to be very flexible.

ConsMulti nationality of employees was a barrier for communication in initial weeks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits, little flexibility

Lecturer (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThey pay relatively well, the benefits package is good , and I liked the job

ConsBoss was very negative and judged me overly harshly. Lecturing requires a heavy workload (4 class/semester?

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding of disabilities and diseases. Try to promote healthy environment.

Super friendly to students

ProsSmall but decent campus, nice faculties and staff

ConsNeed to be developed more for career services

A male dominant environment with limited opportunities.

ProsFlexible environment, good benefits that are dwindling. The people are well intentioned but lacks direction.

ConsFunding and poor salaries. Promotions and opps are not transparent and incestuous.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook and develop talent.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Amazing people and environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAn amazing and supportive environment with respectful and passionate employees/students.

ConsNone! I loved everything about my employment at UD.

Great opportunity to build career before graduation

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsUD cares a lot about their students and provides many ways for them to succeed while still in school. One of these ways is through student employment. I always felt encouraged by the staff and was able to build quality relationships with not only the staff but my student co-workers as well. The staff encouraged success with academics by providing leniency and flexibility with work schedules. All while helping students to build skills to use in their future careers

ConsThe administration. Some students are working to put themselves through college and putting a cap on hours per week prevents us from doing that. Threatening to fire us if we work too much is absurd.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with students and receive their input before making decisions.

Great place to work

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsInteresting Projects and work with intelligent group of individuals

ConsDepends almost entirely on government grants

Advice to Senior Managementneed sales and marketing professionals to sell your ideas

Student Employee

Student Assistant (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsGetting job experience in college. Gaining experience in customer service is important for almost any career path, and a student job will almost always have that component.

ConsNot all of the available campus jobs are set up in a way that takes into consideration a student's schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a university employing students, classes and homework need to be taken into consideration when determining student employee responsibilities and regulations.

Worked for University of Dayton? Contribute to the Community!